Cuddles and Christmas

I woke on the first of November snuggled into Fred, with a horrible ache in my lower stomach. Fred was snoring gently, my head on his chest and his arms draped over me. I had to use the bathroom so I tried to slip out of his embrace without waking him.

As my feet hit the floor and I stood up, my legs gave way and I tumbled to the floor with a yelp. The cold floor bruised my knees as my muscles ached.
"Fuck you Fred Weasley," I swore attempting to get to my feet again.
"Is that a suggestion," his low morning voice echoed from the bed.

"Asshole," I swore again as I took a few shakey steps forwards. I managed to make it to the bathroom before collapsing onto the toilet. Once I'd had a piss I struggled to stand again.

I limped slowly into the bedroom, wincing at the pain in my legs, hips and stomach.
"Whoa angel are you alright?!" Fred said leaping out of bed.
"I'm fine stop fussing," I grumbled as his picked me up and placed me back in my bed. His strong arms effortlessly bearing my weight.

"What's wrong sunshine," he soothed, pulling me into his warm embrace.
"Nuffin," I murmured into his neck, smelling his cinnamony-Smokey-slightly sweaty scent.
"Well limping isn't nothing — ohhh," he pulled away from my hug and looked me in the eyes smirking proudly.

"Shut it you git," i grouched before pulling the duvet over my head and falling asleep again to the sounds of his laughter and his hand drawing circles on my back.

—————

*beginning of December*

The Great hall was always enchanting in December. Hagrid dragged in Christmas trees and Flitwick bedecked them in shimmering baubles and tinsel and lights.

I sat in the great hall eating my breakfast when I saw two familiar ginger boys sprinting towards me brandishing a letter.

"Storm! Storm-St!" George screeched as the almost crashed into me,
"I wanna ask her-" Fred butted in,
"No me!"
"She's my girlfriend,"
"Fine!" George hugged plonking next to me and stealing a rasher of bacon from my plate.

Fred was grinning from ear to ear, clutching two letters in his hands.
"Ah so, I wrote to mum to ask her if I could bring someone home this Christmas. She said yes. So uhm wouldyouwannaspendchristmaswithmyfamily?" He rushed, barely pausing to breathe. He looked like a child given candy, his face lit up from within in excitement.

"Really?! I'd love to!" I smiled, leaping to my feet and hugging him. A warm comfortable excitement swirled in my stomach. I was going to meet his family, and spend Christmas with him!

"So uhm mum wrote you a letter if you agreed," George coughed, taking a letter from his twin and passing it to me.
"How sweet," i gushed, opening the pretty red wax seal.

Dear Storm,

My boys have been raving about you for the past few months. I've never seen them as enthusiastic about anything, Fred especially. Seeing as you're reading this I'm assuming that you have accepted our invitation to the burrow this Christmas. I must warn you it will be a tight squeeze, 7 children plus some of their partners makes for a tight fit. It gets quite chaotic but I hope you'll feel right at home. I look forward to meeting you dear.

Love from,
Mrs Molly Weasley

I already adored the woman who'd birthed my lover and I hadn't even met her yet. She seemed to have such a sweet and caring countenance. I'd never had a proper mother figure, due to being raised by house elves but I knew in that moment I'd found the mother I'd never had.

"Freddie your mum seems like the sweetest woman in the universe!" I gushed, smiling at the boys. "Could I write a letter back?!"
"I'm sure mum would love that hey Freddie?" George said grinning.