Much more than dragon fireworks

Luna, Ginny and I sat and smoked in her room until we were summoned by Molly for dinner.

I was making my way behind Ginny and Luna when a hand grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Everything okay Charlie?" I asked, suddenly nose to nose with one of the elder Weasley boys.

"I know you girls were in my room," he smirked,

"I don't know what you're talking about," I replied, staring directly at his brown eyes.

"Don't lie to me Stormy," he chuckled, leaning against the wall, "not only could I smell your delightful peppermint and rose perfume, I have a spell that tells me when anyone enters my room,"

"Oh-" i faltered, worried about the consequences of us having been in his room.

"I hope you enjoyed that little demonstration, let me know if you get tired of my baby brother," he said before leaning forward and kissing my cheek, then bounding down the stairs.

I stood shocked for a moment before following him.

"Everything okay Storm? You look like you've seen a ghost?" George asked from at the table,

I struggled to regain my composure, forcing a smile as I sat down at the table.

"I was just lost in thought for a moment," I smiled, as Fred leaned over and pecked me on the cheek.

I listened to the idle chatter as I ate. The Weasley's always seemed to be arguing about something. This evening it was the fact that Bill was concerned the twins would burn the burrow down.

"Bill I've seen their schematics, it's very well planned I promise," I chimed in,

"Their OWLs don't seem to reflect their intelligence," Bill frowned, spearing a potato with his fork,

"Freddie why don't I run and get the book so we can show Bill and then maybe he'll shut up," I rolled my eyes, before getting to my feet.

"Mkay," he shrugged before slicing into his roast beef.

I walked briskly up the creaking stairs, the worn wood of the banister smooth under my hand.

I entered the twins room and picked up the book before heading back downstairs.

"Feast your eyes," I remarked, tossing the journal at Bill who caught it easily.

Fleur peered over his shoulder as they flicked through the pages. Fred patted his leg and I sat on his lap, as everyone had finished eating and Mrs Weasley had already conjured the plates away.

I snuggled into Fred's warm chest, resting my head on his shoulder and breathing in his familiar scent. His strong arms tucked me against him.

"I've got to admit," the long haired Weasley boy began begrudgingly, "this is very clever,"

"Thanks Bill," George beamed before snatching up the book.

"Right everyone, why don't we watch a movie with some drinks until midnight," Arthur suggested,

We all made our way into the living room where Molly provided plenty of cushions and blankets as the twins set up the projector.

Fred and I squeezed into an armchair, covered in a fluffy blanket.

Mrs Weasley gave us all a glass of Butterbeer, and soon the burrow was filled with laughter.

Even Mrs Weasley seemed to enjoy the movie, despite the inappropriateness.

All too soon the movie ended and Ginny and Luna shrieked at the photo slides during the credits.

Still laughing, we made our way outside into the snow.