The 'L' word

"Storm? Angel? Baby please wake up!" Fred's anxious voice cut through the blurry ache in my head. My eyes flickered open and I saw his face mere inches from mine. He was cradling me gently to his chest, as if I was as fragile as glass.

"It hurts," I muttered as as wave of pain rocked my body.
"I know darling," he said, a tear rolling down his freckled cheek. He was incredibly pale and worry creased his forehead.
"What're you crying for," I giggled, wincing slightly. Reaching a shakey hand up to brush the tear from his cheek.

"I'm sorry I got you into this mess. I should've been clearer with Angelina. Or at least stepped in," his voice cracked, and a few more tears traced silvery paths down his face.
"It's okay Freddie," I said before trying to sit up. I regretted it immediately. White light flashed across my vision and I cried out in agony.

"Storm are you okay honey," Katie rushed over with her wand. "We should get you into the common room, Madame Pomfret would give us all detention if she saw you two. Hermione will know what to do,"
"Please tell me Angelina looks worse than I do," I chuckled darkly, suppressing sobs as Fred and Katie got me to my feet. Tears ran down my face and off my chin, my head felt like a dozen bludgers had attacked me.

"You gave her quite the fight," Katie smiled gently, "let's get you inside,".  I tried taking a step, bracing myself on the two but my legs have out and I choked on a sob.
"It's okay angel," Fred said, scooping me up princess style. He held me carefully, being sure not to jostle me as we walked. Lee went ahead to make sure the way was clear.

"Where's the she-devil?" I grumbled, trying to distract from my injuries.
"George, Alicia, and Ollie took her before you woke up. She was still petrified and we didn't want to move you before you woke," the petite brunette responded, lighting the way with her wand.

The trip to the common room took and age. Each of Fred's steps jarred me, even though I knew he was being as gentle as he could. We got to the Gryffindor tower without any trouble, but the common room was buzzing with noise as we entered. Angelina lay on a couch by the fire, blood covered her dark skin and her nose was at an awful angle.

As she saw us she grabbed for her wand.
"Don't you fucking dare Johnson!" Fred threatened holding me tighter against him. George snatched her wand and she started screeching at him. I buried my face in my boyfriends chest and he took me over to the other side of the common room.

Hermione bustled over, all business. Her bushy hair was tied back practically.
"Put her on the couch please Fred," she said, before drawing her wand. "How do you feel?"
"Like I've been listening to a mandrake orchestra on repeat," I replied, wincing despite the soft cushions.
"I'll see what I can do," she kindly replied, before starting to wave her wand over my face. I knew she was a talented witch, but she performed healing spells non-verbally, which was very impressive. Pale pink sparks shot out of her wand, tickling my face.

I felt the tightness in my cheek fade, as well as the horrible stabbing sensation on my lip.
"That's all I can do. You need to get cleaned up and sleep," Hermione smiled, before bidding us goodnight.
"Thank you!" I called after her.

"I'll make sure Angelina stays in her room tonight," Alicia said from behind me, she looked rather apologetic and smiled awkwardly at me before heading up the girls staircase.
"Cmon the sunshine," Fred smiled before picking me up once again. I was too tired to protest and savoured the warmth of his embrace.

He placed me gently on his bed before summoning a warm washcloth. With trembling hands he washed the blood off my face, he still had a haunted look on his face.
"I'm so so sorry," he softly said, putting the washcloth down.
"I promise it's okay Fred," I replied, before attempting to pull of my blood encrusted top. "Shit," I sobbed, the top was too tight and hurt to much to take it off. Tears started to flow and I was a sobbing wreck in seconds.

"Hey-hey- it's okay," Fred soothed, cradling me in his arms. He pressed kisses to my forehead and rocked me gently, whispering reassurances as I cried and cried. After a while, the tears dried up and my shakes breaths regulated. "I've got you darling, you're okay, you're safe with me,"
"I love you Freddie," I said shakily into his chest, which was now damp with my tears.

"I love you too. Now shall I get these dirty clothes off of you? You can wear mine again," he gently replied. He picked up his wand, "diffindo," my top split down the front, allowing him to take it off of me like a jacket.
"I knew you have a plot to get me out of my clothes," I joked weakly, shivering in the sudden cold.

My ginger lover, helped me with my shoes, before taking my jeans and bra off for me. All with the the utmost care. Once he'd gingerly dressed me in an old pair of his pajama bottoms and a Molly Weasley Christmas speciality, he tucked me into his bed with a cup of peppermint tea. Smoothing the quilt over me and making sure I was warm.
"I'm going to have a quick shower, then I'll come to bed," he smiled, kissing me upon the forehead. A warm glow filled me as I basked in his love and care.

He shut the door to the bathroom and I heard the water start running. I sipped the hot tea as the door creaked open.
"You gave us quite the scare sunshine," George smiled as he entered his bedroom.
"You don't mind me staying the night again do you?" I asked, as he walked to his trunk.
"Not at all. And look I feel I have to properly explain the Angelina thing, but it's late and I'm still half drunk so another time?" He fretted, changing into pajamas.
"You don't owe an explanation Georgie," I responded, placing my now empty cup on the bedside table.

"I do, and I promise I will give it to you," he said, shaking his head.
"Okay,"
"Everything alright in here?" Fred asked, emerging from the shower and rolling deodorant in his pits.
"Splendid," I smiled, watching him as he got dressed.
"You look like a lovesick puppy!" George joked jumping into his bed.
"Fuck off," I grumbled, before hiding under the blankets.

I heard Fred's muffled laughter before the left side of the bed dipped. The blankets were pushed down to expose my head and I wriggled back up. Fred snuggled next to me, wrapping an arm around me.
"Have you got enough space? Enough blanket?" He fussed making sure none but my head was exposed.
"Yes thank you," I replied blushing, he reached out and waved his wand,
"Nox," the lights went out and he placed his wand on the bedside table before snuggling into me again.

"Goodnight lovebirds," George chuckled,
"Goodnight Georgie," Fred and I responded in unison. He kissed me upon the forehead before I fell asleep, my head still aching terribly.