Knuckleheads

We have 2k reads! Tysm you guys! Any suggestions just leave them in the comments :) thanks for reading!

——————

"Miss Hunt! Miss Hunt you must wake up!" A familiar voice squeaked in my ear. I opened my eyes to see Dobby standing at the edge of my couch. "Lessons start in half an hour and you must get ready!"
"Dobby you truly are wonderful," I mumbled smiling gratefully. The boys were rubbing their eyes and munching on the cookies, and pastries I assumed Dobby had brought.
"It is a pleasure mistress," Dobby beamed, his bobble hat dancing wildly between his ears. The common room was full of students making their way back from breakfast or towards lessons.

I sat up, and stretched.
"How're you feeling punch-bag?" I joked turning to Fred,
"Gud," he mumbled through a pain au chocolate. Crumbs fell onto his T-shirt and he grinned goofily at me, his dark eyes twinkling. I giggled and grabbed an almond croissant before standing up.
"Dobby can apparate Miss Hunt to her dorm," Dobby said eagerly,
"I thought you can't apparate within Hogwarts?" I frowned, Lee looked at me,
"House elf magic is different," he shrugged before cramming another cookie in his mouth.

"That would be lovely Dobby, I'll see you boys later," I smiled, pecking Fred on the cheek. He had a light dusting of ginger stubble across his jaw, which tickled my lips.
"What about us?" George pouted, Lee nodded. I rolled my eyes and kissed them both on the forehead before taking Dobby's outstretched hand. He clicked his fingers and I felt a jerk in my stomach along with a sensation of rolling head over heels. A second later my feet were planted on the floor of my dorm, as I blinked a couple times.
"Thank you Dobby," I said letting go of the elf's hand,
"Always a pleasure mistress," he bowed and apparated away.

"How's Fred?" Pansy was sitting on her bed, braiding her hair in a floating mirror.
"He's fine, should be ready for the match this evening I hope," I said, grabbing uniform from my trunk.
"The more injured players Gryffindor, the better for us," Pansy smirked, "not that your boyfriend getting hurt is good," she hastily corrected herself.
"Can you do my hair?" I asked, as I slipped on my uniform. I'd be leaving lessons early and I'd prefer to have my hair ready and out my face.
"Yup," she smiled and patted the bed next to her. I sat on the bedspread as she ran a brush through my hair, she was always gentle and when she did my hair it was much tidier.
"Are you ready for today?" Pansy said, sectioning my hair and clipping parts to the side with some little black claw clips as she plaited.
"I think so, we've been working really hard,"
"The chasers are getting better, they're managing to get quaffles past me, so that's something,"
"And the beaters certainly can do their job," I chuckled,
"Okay you're done," Pansy said patting my head jokingly,
"Thanks," I ran a hand gently against my head to feel what she'd done. Peering into her floating mirror, she'd done four rows of plaits against my scalp before tying it in a ponytail at the back to keep it out my face. "Uh do you know if the House Elves washed my quidditch gear?"
"On the desk," she replied before leaving to her first class.

I shoved my uniform into my bag along with my divination textbook before heading to the tower. The smell of perfumed smoke filled my lungs as I ascended the ladder, the air warm and thick. Teapots and cups sat on silk covered tablecloths. I sat in a corduroy armchair and waited for Professor Trelawny to arrive.
"Hey," Lavender Brown sat down opposite me. She was too giggly and air-headed for me but she was a pleasant enough work partner.
"Hi," I smiled in return.
"Good morning children," Trelawny's soft lilting voice wafted from a velvet curtained corner. I turned to see her smiling at us, her eyes magnified by large glasses and a dozen beaded necklaces clinked around her neck. "Today we will delve into the noble art of tea-reading," she said excitedly.

We spent the lesson reading tea leaves, although I didn't quite have the knack for it, or the "correct sight" as Trelawny mentioned multiple times. I was relieved to leave the muggy perfumed air for the bustling atmosphere of the hall for lunch. I sat at the Slytherin table with the quidditch team making sure they had good filling meals with lots of protein. Fred had made a fast recovery and was laughing with the Gryffindors.
"Right, finish up then off the the changing rooms," I ordered with a smile, polishing off my omelette. Pansy and I stood up and headed over to the pitch, the boys in tow. Locking myself into a stall, I stripped off before putting on my robes, making sure the laces were secure.
"Alohamora," I heard a soft whisper before the door creaked open.
"Hey gremlin," Fred smirked shutting the door behind him. He was already in his scarlet robes.
"What're you doing here," I asked, pulling on my boots.
"Came to wish you luck, you're gonna need it," he said stepping close so that my nose touched his chest,
"Oh really?" I retorted, he tipped my chin up with a knuckle before grabbing me by the waist and kissing me. His mouth was warm and passionate against mine, his tongue gliding against mine as I leaned into him. Butterflies rose in my stomach as he growled softly as he bit my lip. "We have a match to play," I snickered,
"I know," he responded and turned around to leave, winking as he did so, "see you on the pitch baby," he closed the door behind him and when I opened it he was gone. I walked into the prep area and saw the rest of the team changed and sitting on the benches.