Ron and Hogsmeade

"Why're we going this way? The closest route to Hogsmeade is through the west exit," I say baffled as we continue through the corridors of Hogwarts.
"We know a quicker route" George grins before coming to a halt in front of a statue of an ugly hunched woman.
"Introducing the one-eyed-crone!" Fred says exuberantly with an exaggerated bow, his hair flopping into his dark eyes. He pulls his wand out of his pocket,
"Diffindium" he mutters as the statue starts creaking forward to reveal a gloomy hole in the floor.

"Ladies first," George says and nudges me towards the hole.
"You can't honestly expect me to go down there!" I exclaim incredulous.
"Don't you trust us" Fred pouts and sticks out a him in mock tantrum.
"Fine" I roll my eyes and jump into the hole, it's dark and cold but I realise it's a sort of slide. I can hear the twins whooping behind me when I'm flung onto a wooden floor in a heap. I look around to see wooden crates covered in tarps, peeking out from the edge of one I can read the writing "dukes". I realise I can smell caramel and fruit, when it dawns on me...
"Are we in-"
"Honeydukes cellar" Fred cuts in before once again offering me a freckled hand. I take it. As I stand up I realise how close I'm standing to him. He's so tall, my nose nearly touching his chest, and I can once more smell gunpowder and cinnamon. We linger like that a second more before he snatches his hand back, a crimson flush filling his freckled cheeks.
"Right- so uh- let's go find Ron" Fred stammers and quickly walks towards a door in the corner of the room. Trying to suppress my own blush I turn to see George smirking at me.
"What?" I say with a hand on my hip
"Nuffin" he snickers and walks towards the door "c'mon then". I follow after him, did Fred and I just have a "moment"? I'm sure it's nothing, I shake my head to clear my thoughts and follow the ginger twins. 

We emerge behind a display of Fizzing Whizbees and we quickly join a rabble of pupils streaming in from the door. I see a glint of red hair as the boys head towards the corner of the shop filled with brown paper bags, stamped with the Honeydukes logo. They grab a couple and fill them with a handful of purple gumdrops I'd never seen, before heading towards the door.
"Hurry up then" Fred laughs and grabs my arm before pulling me out the door.

The air is crisp and cold, I hadn't realised it was this chilly. I shiver but follow the boys down the cobbled street. Quaint shopfronts and terraced houses line the street whilst flags and banners drift overhead.
"Where exactly are we going?" I enquire at the back of the twins heads.
"I happen to know that Ron and his mates will be by the shrieking shack in approximately 20 mins," Fred replies turning to smile at me.
"What're we going to do there?" I ask again before speeding up so I'm walking next to them.
"These are animal gums, they make your voice that of any beast you choose. The purple ones are Manticore. Our brother is such a wuss just hearing us with these by the shrieking shack will freak him out" George laughs and loops his arm through mine whilst Fred does the same with my other arm. They start whistling a tune I'm not familiar with, a wizard band I assume, and start zigzagging randomly in some parody of a dance as we walk. Laughter bubbles out of me as I'm yanked to and fro between the tall red-haired pranksters. This goes on for a couple more minutes before Fred trips on a rock in the street and he tumbles to the ground. Not only pulling me with him but George as well. We end up in a pile of limbs and laughter, me pressed up against Fred and George against me.
"You're bloody heavy Weasley" I groan through the giggles as I attempt to push George off and untangle myself from the heap.
"And you're not" George hops up and swings me over his shoulder fireman style.
"Put me down!" I shriek through my laughter. Fred's pale complexion going red from laughter at me wriggling around on George's shoulder.
"Not until you apologise for calling me heavy" George teases.
"Not happening" I say stubbornly and keep wriggling trying to get free. My stomach aches from laughing. I feel a pair of hands around my waist and I'm lifted from George's shoulder and placed gently on the ground.
"Leave her be Georgie. C'mon we're gonna be late" Fred says kindly. George turns on his heel and starts towards the shrieking shack.
"Although I was enjoying the view of your ass" Fred whispers then winks and follows his brother. I roll my eyes to keep from blushing and head towards the most haunted house in England.

We hide behind a scraggly old tree next to the shrieking shack. The bark is crusty and peeling off and the scent of moss fills my nose.
"Look he's coming" George whispers and points to a pathways emerging from some woods. I see a flash of red and the youngest Weasley boy emerges from the woods, accompanied by Hermione, Dean, Seamus, Harry and Neville. He looks rather pale even from a distance.
"Guys idk about this, I rly don't like this place" his voice drifts towards us.
"Don' be such a wuss" I hear Seamus' Irish lilt remark. Suddenly Fred yanks me back and holds out a purple gumdrop.
"What do I do with this?" I say before George shushes me.
"Ready Fred?"
"Ready George"
"Bottoms up", the boys both toss the lilac sweets in their mouths, I follow suit. The taste of grapes bursts on my tongue but is soon gone. I turn and try to speak but all that comes out of my mouth is a snarl. I wanted to laugh but strange growls only came out. Fred winks at me then roars. I peak out from behind the tree and see Ron even more pale than before, his freckles stark contrast to his snowy skin. George, Fred and I all start growling and snarling and we see Ron start running and dragging Hermione behind him.
" 'mione run" he yells. Laughter finally manages to cross my lips and the twins and I howl with laughter till we're all as red as their distinctive Weasley hair.

"Not a bad roar for a first-timer" George says with a grin.
"Not so bad yourself" I giggle back. Suddenly I shiver again, with all the hilarity over I realise just how cold I am. I rub my hands over my arms in an attempt to warm myself up.
"Are you cold" Fred says, something akin to concern in his voice.
"I'm alright" I shrug and lean against a tree. He reaches out a touches my cheek, his hand warm and rough.
"You're freezing, here take this" He slides the dark purple sweater over his head and passes it to me. His shirt rides up and I glimpse a sliver of muscle and freckled skin before his pale blue T-shirt comes to rest snugly on his stomach. I take the jumper and pull it on, not wanting to refuse his kindness. It's soft and warm and I have butterflies at how kind and sweet he is.
"Thanks" I smile at him. He's reduced me to a bumbling first year, but I don't think I mind anymore.
"If you're done being a sappy gentlemen I reckon we should go get a drink" George huffs and starts off down the road. Fred and I smile at each other and follow...