Do You Dare? (F.W.)

"I've waited so long to do that."

His voice sounded softer than ever before, almost a whisper. Although in his own ears, it sounded booming -- like a declaration of love that the world could hear, if they were listening intently.

He felt your grip tighten around the back of his neck and watched as you bit down sheepishly on your bottom lip before lifting your eyes to his, your lashes fluttering a bit in your nervousness. "Since before or after I dared you to do all these things?"

Butterflies fluttered around in his stomach, but he didn't try and suppress them. "Long before," he caught your lips with his and melted into you, ignoring the yelps from inside the Great Hall at the sight of you two entangled together.

A month ago, Fred never could have predicted being here with you, in this position, kissing you and having you actually kiss him back with yearning and hunger. He'd imagined it plenty of times, of course, but he never believed it would actually happen. If anything, the thought of you two being anything other than friends had always seemed to be far out of reach for him. But something had pulled at him when he'd found that first note, tucked away into the exact book he needed for History of Magic. Fred thought about possibly seeking advice from his twin, who was sitting next to him, frustrated in a type of agony only caused by a very long essay to complete, but Fred merely folded up the bit of parchment, bit back a smirk, and went to begin on his own essay.

Two hours later, in the desolate boys' dormitory as he was changing into his pyjamas, Fred pulled the parchment out from the pocket of his robes and smoothed his fingers across the handwriting. He sort of recognized it, but couldn't seem to place it -- and bloody hell, it was going to drive him mad. He racked his brain for answers, but it was so fried due to Professor Binns' incredibly long and boring lecture that Fred could hardly keep his eyes open anymore. He supposed he'd think about it tomorrow after a full night's rest. He would need it, he thought, if he was going to give in to this mystery writer and everything they had laid out for him come morning.

Do you dare?

-- -

"Y/N!"

Fred was surprised the next morning to see you in the Great Hall during your free period when you normally spent it in the library. He nearly fell into his seat at the sound of your sugary sweet voice. "Hi, Freddie. What's got you so giddy this morning?"

Fred bit back a smile and pulled the parchment from his robes. Once again he smoothed it down flat and pushed it across the table toward you. He desperately searched your face for answers -- you were always strangely good at figuring out mysteries, and he reckoned you'd be able to solve this one too. But instead of realization on your face, all Fred saw were furrowed brows and confusion. "What the bloody hell is this?"

"I found it in the History of Magic book I've pulled from the library yesterday," he told you, ignoring your question. "I reckon I've got to go along since I've found it, right?"

His eyes were swimming with mischief and wonder, but all you did was thread your brows even deeper. Again, you prodded, "What is this though?"

"Just another student having some fun, I suppose," Fred guessed, peering back down at the parchment again. He watched as you ran your painted fingernails across the handwriting. He pointed to the first line. "Don't you see? It's a challenge -- I've got to complete all the dares." And then he frowned, realizing he didn't know what to do after the first one. "Where d'you reckon I'll find the next one?"

You shrugged your shoulders and sighed. "I dunno," you handed the parchment back toward him. Fred huffed dramatically, disappointed in your very poor detective skills. You laughed and brought your steaming cup of tea to your lips. "Relax, Weasley. I'm sure this mystery individual has it all planned out. Why don't you just do the first dare and see what happens?" And then you lowered your gaze a bit and winked at him. "You know, if you're brave enough."