Only Human (G.W.)

"Saw you watch the match yesterday," he was grinning so cheekily it looked almost painful. "What'd you think?"

You scoffed and didn't take your eyes off of your homework on the table in front of you. He was talking low, as the Great Hall was flooded with students working on their assignments. To him, you said, "I think the girls had a great game."

Next to you, you could almost feel George roll his eyes and run a hand through his tangled hair, the same thing he always did when he didn't get what he wanted. And what he wanted, was you.

It was so bloody obvious; it wasn't even a challenge trying to get him to admit how he felt. That boy wore his heart on his sleeve.

"C'mon, Y/N," he tried again, poking you in the ribs. "I know you were watching me yesterday. Just admit it."

You shut your textbook and placed it inside of your bag, glanced at a tired George and told him, "See you later,"

Cheeky disappointment smeared itself across his face.

If he wasn't joking around, you reckon he would've looked absolutely defeated, but two seconds later you heard him snickering with his twin, their laughs bouncing across the Great Hall. You just rolled your eyes and made your way to the girls dormitory.

A few moments later, you finally found some peace and quiet. You placed your books on your bedside table and removed your tie, your shoes, and your tights—you couldn't wait to get out of this bloody uniform and put on some real clothes. You were busy unbuttoning your shirt when you heard a cheeky, "Well hello there,"

You've got to be kidding me, you thought.

You whirled around, completely forgetting your unbuttoned shirt, your chest and abdomen now completely visible to him. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed and eyed you up and down before grinning again.

Your cheeks flushed red when you watched him watch you.

"What the bloody hell are you doing up here, George?"

"Mmm, enjoying the view," he purred, his grin growing alongside your annoyance. Before you could say another word, you swore you heard the voices of McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey making their way up the steps to the girls dormitory, and horror set in on your face.

"Shit," you murmured.

In a confused panic, you quickly grabbed George, threw him onto your neat bed next to you, and shut the drapes to your four poster, heart now pounding with worry. You sure as hell weren't going to let your good reputation be ruined by this redheaded bastard.

You were sitting on your knees, trying to steady your heartbeat and listen closely to the women's voices who were now getting closer and closer. You'd almost forgotten George was there. To you, he said, "I know you might not think so, but you look really good right now—"

In an attempt to shut him the hell up, you positioned yourself on top of him, now completely straddling his lap and you cupped your hand over his lips. "Shut up, Weasley—I swear to Merlin—" He giggled slightly, and his hands made their way to your waist, his fingertips lightly grazing your skin, but you didn't even have time to scold him. Just then, McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey entered the room, and everything became eerily still.

"—let's gather her things, shall we? I believe her four poster is the last one. Oh, have you been able to owl her parents, Minerva?"

"They're leaving shortly, traveling by Portkey to pick her up," McGonagall said. You heard bustling in the corner, and you imagined that McGonagall had probably flourished her wand and gathered up this student's belongings rather quickly. You hoped they'd leave immediately.