Chemical Reaction (G.W.)

There was no denying the indisputable chemistry between you both. Everyone could see it. It was pretty difficult to miss, actually, especially when you two of you spent nearly every single lesson at one another's throats.

"I'm warning you, Weasley -- stay as far away from me as you possibly can. I don't want you and your misplaced priorities anywhere near me."

"Please -- you don't need to ask me twice. It's my pleasure."

It all started in your third year. The very misguided and frivolous George Weasley and his brother, Fred, had decided to be prats in your Potions lesson. You'd never really had any interaction with them before that; you were their absolute and complete opposite. You'd preferred to spend most nights borrowing any and all books from the library and reading through them as quickly as you could, or spending your afternoons with the Dueling Club to further your studies with spells, charms, and incantations; whereas the two of them were always off setting off fireworks in the Astronomy tower, or whatever the hell two thirteen-year-old pranksters did.

Potions had been normal that day -- Snape had his usual displeased scowl painted on his face, and you were continually checking the clock and counting down the seconds until you could leave and speed off toward your History of Magic lesson. That is, until George had purposefully put the wrong ingredient into his cauldron, causing a spark, resulting in an explosion quite larger than they'd presumed and a ghastly horrible sight: one of your eyebrows burning off completely.

You'd been outraged; while the majority of the class had been too startled and shocked to let a laugh escape their lips, the twins had absolutely no issue erupting into a fit of obnoxious giggles, obviously incredibly pleased at their error. Snape had even cracked somewhat of a grin (if you could consider the edge of his lip slightly curling upward in a sort of mock expression a grin), but he still threw all three of you into detention. You! In detention! For getting your bloody eyebrow burnt off by a juvenile boy!

You and George hadn't been the fondest of one another since.

In an attempt to separate yourself from him, you'd completely changed course -- McGonagall had been able to help you switch out some of your lessons for others. You didn't really want to take Divination, but if it meant being away from him for an hour and a half of your day, then so be it. You were going to have to be okay with your choices.

Until you heard the sardonic, cool wash of his voice from behind you.

"Fancy meeting you here."

He sluggishly fell into the seat next to you, (of course, it being the only open spot left as he'd arrived precisely two minutes after the bell signaling the start of the lesson) propping his feet up on the table in between you both. With your mouth still agape and brows threaded together, you angrily shoved his feet off of the table and slammed your spellbook down in place of them. "What the bloody hell are you doing here?" you huffed, folding your arms across your chest. "Don't you have somewhere else to be right now? Like setting fire to a third year's eyebrows? Or detention, perhaps?"

He scoffed airily. "Oh, hilarious, darling -- really; right fantastic joker, you are. No, you see, contrary to popular belief, I don't spend every waking hour cleaning out cauldrons, or --"

You cut him off, "Oh, and here I was thinking that you'd make a perfectly adequate cauldron cleaner if a full time opportunity were to present itself."

He didn't skip a beat. "-- or setting fire to third year's eyebrows."

"No?"

"No," he replied throatily. And then, that all too familiar smirk of his. "Only to those who deserve it."