Sparks (F.W.)

Fred Weasley was normally not an overly protective person.

He was carefree and wild and truthfully, he didn't take too much too seriously. But sometimes, he just couldn't help it—especially when it came to you.

But you didn't mind, really. In fact, it was kind of a turn on.

"Fine, I'll give you this one," Fred said to you you as you snuggled closer to him in the middle of the abandoned corridor one evening, "but only because it was bloody brilliant using the tickling charm on Georgie in Transfiguration."

You brushed your bangs out of your eyes. "Poor bloke had not a clue what was going on," you giggled, pulling on Fred's tie and bringing him closer to you. "So that puts me at...eight? Sorry, darling, you've got some catching up to do if you want to win this prank war."

Placing a hand at the nape of your neck and brushing his thumb against your cheek, Fred replied, "If you weren't so damn beautiful I'd fight you on it."

His lips found yours and moved slowly and in sync. You were almost certain he was going to pull you into an empty classroom at any moment. You felt him smile against you and your insides went warm, when suddenly you heard a sickeningly sweet and annoying giggle from the other end of the corridor.

Sparks broke the two of you apart, slamming you into the wall behind you. You were rubbing the back of your head before you'd even recognized what had happened, and suddenly, Fred was yelling and running at the woman in front of him.

You watched him in horror and grabbed his robe sleeve. "Freddie, don't!"

"How dare you—"

"How dare I, Mr. Weasley?" Umbridge's voice bounced off of the walls as Fred wrapped his arms around you. "There will be none of that at my school, you should be ashamed—"

Fred scoffed. "You just threw my girlfriend into a bloody wall! She could've been hurt!"

With a smile so fake, Umbridge just replied, "She deserved more for what she did."

As Umbridge walked towards you both, prepared to drag the two of you by your ears to her office, no doubt, Fred tugged you in the other directly when McGonagall rounded the corner and fell upon the scene. From the anger in her eyes, she'd clearly seen something. Relief flooded your body when she began scolding Umbridge and motioned for the two of you to get away, and quickly.

You climbed through the portrait hole and set your bags down next to an armchair. When you sunk into one, you rubbed the back of your head again, and Fred placed his hand on your knee. You thought you could hear his heart pounding as you watched the very quick rise and fall of his chest. "Are you alright? Do you need to go to the hospital wing? That woman, she's vile, she is—I can't believe she did that—I reckon McGonagall's going to give her an earful...I swear, if she'd hadn't've shown up, I would've done some damage to old toad face—"

At this, you just laughed, bringing a hand to Fred's neck.

"You're mad," you told him, admiration in your voice.

He softened, color flooding his cheeks. "For you, I am."

A silence fell over the two of you as he ran his hand through your hair. Finally, you told him softly, "I'm okay, Freddie."

He let his head fall into his hands and took a deep breath before rubbing his eyes and looking at you again. "I know," he told you, "I'm sorry, love, I just can't stand to see anyone hurt you. I mean, I'm supposed to keep you from getting hurt."

You placed a kiss to his cheek, wrapping your arms around his neck. "Thank you for always looking out for me." He wrapped his arms tightly around your waist and buried his head into your shoulder. "Besides," you continued, playing absentmindedly with his hair, "it's kind of hot when you get all protective."

A smirk tugged at the edges of his lips. His eyes sparkled when he looked at you now.

"Yeah?" he asked, pulling you closer to him. There were sparks between the two of you again, but nothing like the ones from before. His lips gently brushed yours before he asked you, teasing you slightly, "Well let's finish what we started then."