Born To Love You (F.W.)

The thing about dating Fred Weasley was that he had this incredible ability to make you feel like the most beautiful woman in the entire world.

His compliments came often and effortlessly, like it was a part of his day to day vernacular to whisper in your ear how beautiful you looked, or how your charming smile always sent him into a dizzying sort of overdrive, rendering him completely useless whenever he was on the receiving end of it. You weren't short on compliments from your boyfriend; he gave you more love than you thought possible.

You never felt the need to change anything about yourself for him, which is something you always struggled with. The need to look prettier, taller, with better hair or better teeth -- the whole nine yards. But with Fred, you felt perfectly content being yourself.

When you'd finally told him a few months into dating that you'd been blessed with the ability to change your appearance at will. He'd looked stunned. Well, actually, you didn't tell him -- not really, not at first. Instead you'd snuck up behind him and emitted some type of obnoxious bird call, turned your hair a bright shade of yellow and given yourself a beak to resemble that of a canary. He'd jumped up from his seat nearly spit out his pumpkin juice at the sight of you. You'd never seen him laugh quite so hard, and the tears streaming down his face were a sign that he was really caught off guard at your change in appearance. You'd laughed alongside him, your hair and face going back to normal, and he'd cradled your head in his hands as you both caught your breath. It was the first time he'd told you he loved you.

You felt him slide in next to you in Potions and slink his hand around your waist. "Morning, beautiful," he said before pressing a kiss to your temple. "How's my favourite girl today?"

You tugged gently on his tie to bring him closer and beamed at him; it was such a shame that houses weren't allowed to hang around in one another's common rooms, because you dreamt quite often of cuddling up next to him near the fire in either the Gryffindor or Hufflepuff dormitories. So you snagged him every single chance you got.

Before you could fully answer or give him the affection he deserved, Snape entered the classroom in one swift motion and immediately began spewing off information about a week-long assignment he was going to have you all do. Potions was your absolute least favourite class and you very much weren't looking forward to whatever concoction he was going to have you try and recreate.

"Due to the very unwelcome explosion in last week's lesson..." Snape droned on, the twins directly in his line of vision, "I will be separating the both of you, effective immediately. Mr. Weasley will be partnered with Ms. Y/L/N." George nudged your ankle with his foot underneath the table and you had to do your best not to smile. Snape was a smart guy, or so you thought. How thick could he get? Didn't he realize that George was your best mate?

"And Mr. Weasley," he said to Fred, "to the Ravenclaw table you go. You'll be partnered with Ms. Holdsworth this week."

Fred squeezed your hand and breathed, "Ruddy prat, he is. I'll miss you, love." Being on the receiving end of Fred's endless supply of compliments and embraces reminded you each and every single day just how lucky you were. More lucky than you could really fathom. He was so infatuated with you, it was hard to ever believe that anything could ever come between you both. Jealousy was never something you felt when it came to Fred.

So you were horrified at the nervous butterflies that swirled in your stomach when Fred quickly placed a kiss to your cheek and moved his belongings to the Ravenclaw table, where his new partner seemed to let his gaze linger a little too long.

You raked your bottom lip through your teeth, forcing yourself not to stare when George's voice pulled you from your thoughts. You were grateful. Any more time letting your mind meander and it wouldn't have done you any good. "Y/N? You alright?"