Secrets (F.W.)

"Been ages since we've seen you," George said as he pulled you into a tight embrace outside of the Burrow. The summer holiday was boring enough without your friends. But blimey, how many more people could Molly Weasley fit into her home? "Missed you!"

"Missed you too, George," you beamed, even though it hadn't really been that long—only a few weeks since the last school term ended, but it seemed like years. You were certainly thrilled to be back at one of your favorite places in the world. "Hey, Fred."

Fred was leaning against the side of his house, watching you with a smirk on his face and his arms crossed. His eyes were sparkling underneath the moonlight. You'd arrived later than you thought you would. "Who invited you here?"

"Oi, shove off," you said, walking up to him and pushing on his chest. You held out your arms for an embrace and smiled teasingly at him, "Come give your favorite girl a hug."

Favorite girl. To hide any feelings that may have been showing in his facial expression, he wrapped his arms around you. He hugged you tightly—so much so in fact that you were lifted off of the ground and he then proceeded to spin you in a circle. Out of the corner of your eye, you caught Ginny giggling in the kitchen. Fred's heart was pounding in his chest as he breathed in the scent of your flowery shampoo—something he didn't realize he missed so much until this exact moment. When he placed you down, he took a deep breath and did his best to push down any nervousness rising in his chest—and so did you. Because, as it turns out, you had a huge secret you were trying to hide.

You were mad for him.

"We've missed you," he said casually. "'m really happy you're here."

You gulped. God, you'd missed him too. You grinned at him, "Me, too."

Mrs. Weasley pulled you into an embrace and said, "So happy to have you, dear—hungry? I can whip something up for you,"

Gratefully, you thanked her and made your way into the Burrow, hugging Ginny excitedly and racing up to her room to change into more comfortable pajamas, something that everyone else was already in.

After a bit of dinner and a very large cup of tea, Ron suggested a few games of exploding snap before heading to bed—him versus George, you versus Fred, Ginny versus Harry. Hermione sat next to you all in the armchair, scribbling quickly in a notebook clutched tightly in her hands.

"D'you think a lot of people are going to come out for Quidditch tryouts this year?" Ron asked casually, although it was easy to tell he was already looking forward to it.

You felt sad at the thought. It was your seventh and final year at Hogwarts, your last chance to play for the team you've been on since your second year. "Dunno, mate," Harry replied truthfully.

Fred and George were certain you three, and Harry as well, would make the team again this year.

"How do you know, exactly?" Ginny asked her older brother mockingly.

Fred just laughed and replied, "'Cause we're brilliant, that's why."

You actually snorted due to laughter. "Way to be modest, Fred," you replied teasingly as he glanced admiringly at you across the table, shuffling the cards in his hands yet again.

"We are!" He tried to justify his last statement. It didn't work—Ginny scoffed at him. Softer, he said, ""Well—you are,"

You couldn't tell if he was joking or not, because his smirk spoke nothing but sarcasm—but when his eyes finally met yours, all you saw was softness.

"Thanks," you replied brightly as he grinned at you. Your heart began to thump a bit harder in your chest—could he hear it? Could George? You caught Ginny's eye and she grinned cheekily at you, turned back toward Harry, and went rosy-cheeked.