Temptations (G.W.)

Being George Weasley's girlfriend came with loads of things you couldn't seem to get enough of -- endless laughter, playful teasing, witty banter, consistent hugging. Snogging. Cuddling. Mostly in private, of course, so as not to annoy those around you with your PDA. But there were always small, shared kisses in the corridors, tight embraces after Quidditch matches. Your fingers would interlock with his during feasts, or you'd place your head on his shoulder in the common room. But you tried to save most of this for just the two of you. So the second you were alone, it was pretty difficult to keep your hands off of one another.

Fred was always calling you an "old, married couple".

But you wondered now, as George slipped his hands under your shirt, spread his hands out against your ribcage, and moaned against your mouth, if old married couples acted like this.

"Love?"

"Mhmm?" you mumbled, barely breaking from him, not even giving him a chance to speak. You locked your arms around his neck and tightened your embrace. He just laughed against you and ran his hands delicately against your skin. It was almost immediate that goosebumps had appeared.

It wasn't always like this, though. Not in the beginning, at least. You hardly let yourself even hold his hand, worried that you wouldn't be able to control yourself. You were embarrassed by just how much you craved his touch -- whether it was just his fingers intertwined with yours, or something a little more -- the intensity of your feelings terrified you. You found yourself jolting awake in the middle of the night and swinging your arms to the other side of your bed, only to be disappointed when you realized, in your groggy state, that he was across the common room and not in the bed next to you, with his limbs entangled with yours.

You restricted yourself from feeling too much. What would he say? You didn't want to scare him. You didn't want to come off as one of those people, give yourself a bad rep before even really having been able to create one. You also, if you were being honest, found yourself to be a bit worried that if you immediately handed yourself over to him, George would take it, and leave.

But even all this time later, George had proven himself to be a gentleman, and you scolded yourself for ever thinking he could've been anything different than exactly that.

He pulled away from you now, squeezing your hips and checking his watch. "We're going to be late," he said flatly.

You frowned. "You're absolutely sure we've got to meet Lee in Hogsmeade? Now?"

He laughed at you and began to button the top of his shirt. "Unfortunately, and I mean that truly, darling -- yes, I'm sure we've got to meet Lee in Hogsmeade, considering I've canceled on him the last three times."

You groaned. You and George hadn't really had a ton of alone time the last few weeks, as your studying had increased and your homework piles began to resemble that of mountains -- plus, with excitement of their shop soon opening up, George was busy with Fred, putting the final touches on every single one of their products. It was sheer luck when you both were able to find even five minutes to spend together.

George noticed the change in your expression as you thought on this; he pressed another gentle kiss to your lips and then one to your temple. "Promise to make it up to you later tonight,"

"I'm holding you to that, you know."

"And if I disobey?"

The words alone set you aflame, but you resisted the very strong urge to pull him back into you. A comment like that would normally send you into a complete and dizzying overdrive. He knew it, too -- the sensual smirk that appeared ever so slightly on his lips told you exactly what he was thinking.