7. THE THREE BROOMSTICKS

The wind howled on the lengthy walk to Hogsmeade that weekend

     The wind howled on the lengthy walk to Hogsmeade that weekend. Snow had swept through the Scottish highlands just the night before. Lucy had on her thick Slytherin scarf along with a rather fuzzy wool jumper, and skirt with wool stockings underneath. For extra warmth, she had even adorned a thick camel colored winter coat. However, her face was still flushed pink and cold to the touch as she made her way through the frostbitten wind. Although it was only October, the temperature had dropped drastically in the last few days.

Lucy's heart skipped a beat as she approached the magical village. The small layer of snow crunched softly beneath her boots. The wind's ferocity grew less harsh, seeing as it was being blocked by the quaint thatched cottages and shops. She made her way to the storefront of Dervish and Banges, confused as to why Draco would want to meet there of all places. She noticed Zonko's Joke Shop was boarded up with a 'Closed' sign on it and frowned.

A sweet aroma filled her nostrils as she passed by the bustling green and pink storefront of Honeydukes. Besides the delightful candy shop, Hogsmeade was certainly not busy, and people hurried to and fro to their destination with their scarves covering their faces.

At last, Lucy spotted the blonde, whose pale skin contrasted against his dark suit. Lucy blinked. Draco always looked devilishly handsome, and there was certainly no denying it. He was standing underneath the covered thatched roof of the shop, trying his best to avoid the wind. The boy was deeply engrossed in reading a thin book in his hands. Lucy's footsteps must have become louder as she approached because he turned his head to gaze at her at once.

"About time Armstrong, it's fucking freezing out here!" he exclaimed breathlessly, quickly stuffing the book into his suit pocket.

Lucy laughed as the boy reached out his hand She glanced down and placed her hand into his own and their fingers intertwined in a soft gesture of affection. Her fingers immediately felt warm as they intertwined with his, despite the freezing wind.

"So, why Dervish and Banges?" she asked him as they began to walk.

"It's off the beaten path," answered Draco with a shrug. "And I was trying to see if they could help me fix something,"

"What did you need to fix?"

Draco's grey eyes darted away from hers.

"Nothing important," he informed her with a cool tone. "Where would you like to go first?"

"Honeydukes?" Lucy offered with a cheeky smile.

He rolled his eyes amusedly as he led the raven-haired girl toward the entrance of the crowded shop. Upon opening the door, they were bombarded with the sweet smell of toffee.