11. HALLOWS EVE

Halloween arrived at Hogwarts a week after Slytherin's upsetting defeat

Halloween arrived at Hogwarts a week after Slytherin's upsetting defeat. Draco had been hardly speaking to Lucy, let alone anyone else. His absence left her feeling frustrated and hurt, but she had come to expect it by now despite the kiss they had shared.

The weather was cool yet crisp as Lucy, Arielle, and Theo marched down to the greenhouses for Herbology. Lucy wore her Slytherin scarf wrapped neatly around her neck, and opted for fleece tights under her uniform skirt.

Professor Sprout stood at the entrance to the greenhouses merrily greeting students as they entered. Humidity enveloped Lucy as she stepped inside. Within the window-paned room, Lucy noticed a group of Gryffindors chatting in the corner that consisted of Potter and his friends.

"Gather round folks! It's time to plant Bouncing Bulbs!"

The group of N.E.W.T. students gathered around the wooden work station as the plump witch closed the door.

She held up a brilliantly purple bulb that moved around erratically to escape her grip.

"This here is a Bouncing Bulb!" she announced to the class. "We will be potting them in order to have more by spring. Just firmly grasp the Bulb and take a pot-," Professor Sprout grabbed hold of a nearby pot and motioned to it. "-then place the Bulb in the pot. Then top it with soil!"

With one hand, the witch poured from a container of soil into the pot.  After the class all had pots, she walked around with a very deep bucket of bulbs and passed one out to each student. However, it seemed as if only Professor Sprout could control the Bulbs. Immediately, numerous purple bullets began streaming across the greenhouse.

"Keep a firm grasp on your Bulbs!" Professor Sprout shouted as she handed a Bulb to Theo.

"Bloody hell! This thing is strong!" he yelped as the purple squash shaped bulb began to fight him . He quickly held onto it with both of his hands.

Lucy was handed a bright purple Bulb that strongly fought her grip. It nearly slipped away as she held on tightly to it, just as Theo was doing.

She attempted to move the pot with her elbow to move it closer to her. Once it was close enough, she dropped the bulb into the pot. However, the Bulb came flying back up and hit the glass ceiling before falling back down and ricocheting off the table.

Lucy cursed and wrestled the stupid plant to the floor before regaining control of it. On take two, she opted to pour the soil in first then dig a hole in it and trap the plant within the soil.

"Fuck!" exclaimed Arielle angrily as her Bulb escaped the pot, bouncing up and smacking her in the forehead. "I hate this bloody class," she groaned, rubbing her forehead.

When at last the three Slytherins had potted all their stubborn Bulbs, they grabbed their belongings and made their way out of the humid greenhouse.

"Oi, Nott!"