42. DISFIGURED

It took over a week for Lucy to grow accustomed to living at Malfoy Manor once more

   It took over a week for Lucy to grow accustomed to living at Malfoy Manor once more. The Easter holiday rapidly approached as she slowly worked to rebuild her relationship with Draco and attempt to get along with the other residents of the Manor. Much to Lucy's displeasure, Bellatrix had taken up residence at the Manor to be under her sister's protection.  As a result, Lucy kept a watchful eye out at all times for the lurking woman. On top of this, she found out that prisoners were kept in the cellar now, which left her feeling uncomfortable and slightly guilty.

One afternoon, Lucy sat in the drawing room playing a rather uneventful game of Wizard's Chess with Draco while Lucius stared emptily into the fire. It was something he did frequently, Draco had told her. She wore a simple black dress underneath her dark robes. The cut on her face was now healed into a thin scar.

"Knight to E5," she murmured and watched as her knight rather viciously destroyed Draco's piece.

"Bloody hell, woman," he scowled. "That's the third time this week,"

Lucy gave him a triumphant smile. "Sorry,"

At that moment, there was a commotion from behind them.

"What is this?" Lucius asked

Lucy craned her neck to look as she got to her feet.  Entering the room was Narcissa, her lips in a tight line, accompanied by a large group of Snatchers. Her dark eyes fell on Greyback, and instantly, her wand was in her hand as fear began to creep up her spine.

"What's he doing here?" she asked as Draco quickly moved to stand alongside her protectively.

"They say they've got Potter," said Narcissa's cold voice. "Draco, Lucy, come here."

"Yes!" rasped the filthy werewolf noticably hauling a person alongside him." We've caught Harry Potter!"

Greyback seized the man he was holding and dragged him around to face thelight of the fireplace. His face was badly disfigured, and certainly did not look like the Harry Potter that Lucy remembered from Hogwarts. However, she did recognize Hermione Granger and the Weasley boy that were being restrained alongside him.

The two gazed at each other for a moment, speaking silently through their exchange before approaching the group. Lucy stared at Potter's disfigured face that was distorted and pink beneath the glasses.

"Well, Draco?" snapped Lucius Malfoy. He sounded avid. "Is it?Is it Harry Potter?"

"I can't— I can't be sure," answered Draco, more preoccupied with keeping Greyback as far away from his girlfriend as possible.

"Lucille, dear? What about you?" Lucius eagerly egged on, stepping closer to Lucy.

"What's wrong with his face ?" she questioned. "I don't remember Harry Potter being this ugly,"

"That wasn't us." shrugged Greyback, eyeing Lucy carefully.

"Looks more like a Stinging Jinx to me," said Lucius. "But look at him carefully, look! Come closer!"