36. THE CARROWS

I'll fix this

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I'll fix this.

Those few, little words replayed over in and over in her head as Lucy stared outside the Transfiguration classroom onto the damp grounds.

Droplets of rain slammed against the misty windows of Hogwarts as the first day of classes ensued. She watched them travel hesitantly down the windowpane, like tears from the heavens. Lucy could relate.

"Ms. Armstrong?" came the stern voice of Professor McGonagall.

Lucy whipped her head around to see the Professor standing right in front of her with a disapproving expression on her face.

"How do you expect to pass your N.E.W.T.s if you're staring out the window?"

"Sorry, Professor," Lucy mumbled as all eyes in the seventh year class fell on her. "I'll pay better attention,"

She stared at Lucy from beneath her glasses before letting out a huff and motioning to the front of the classroom, furthest from the window. "Ms. Patil, if you'd so kindly switch seats with Ms. Armstrong,"

Lucy groaned internally, grabbing her rucksack and getting up as her cheeks turned violently red. Her eyes flickered over to Theo who was staring at her with the slightest hint of amusement on his lips. The collision of brown on green startled her for a moment before she looked down.

She scurried over to the empty desk next to a Gryffindor boy that she recognized from the train. After sneaking a closer glance at him, she realized it was the awkward Longbottom boy. His teeth were no longer so crooked, and he seemed to have grown into his ears rather well. He sent a displeased look at Lucy as she slipped into the desk beside him.

"Now then, today we will be practicing turning a toad into a toadstool," began Professor McGonagall, speaking up to be heard over the torrential downpour.

"Toads?" croaked the boy besides Lucy. She watched as he pulled out a rather fat looking toad from the pocket of his robes. It let out a ribbit of surprise.

Professor McGonagall walked over to her desk and started to hand each student a red and white toadstool, tapping it promptly. After a tap, the toadstool would transform into a toad.

"It's alright Trevor, I promise you won't be turned into a toadstool," he whispered to the toad before placing him back into his pocket.

Lucy couldn't help but let out a small snort of laughter at this.

"What?" Longbottom asked stiffly.

"Nothing," Lucy answered quickly as the boy's green eyes bore into her. "I just thought his name was er—nice,"

"Right," he answered awkwardly.

AMORTENTIA ↠ D. MALFOYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें