41. REUNITED

Lucy knew where she was the moment they Apparated there. The thick, perfectly pruned hedges. The misty air, and the cooing of white peacocks. The tall, formidable iron wrought gates of Malfoy Manor. It was the closest thing to home she could ever know. Despite the situation, relief coursed through her. She would be with Draco once more.

Arielle and Blaise had been taken to the Ministry, leaving Lucy to be bound and taken to the Manor all alone. The other Snatchers had disappated, leaving only Scabior and Greyback to accompany her, much to Lucy's displeasure.

They approached the iron gates, and Scabior cleared his throat.

"Got another prisoner for you lot," he declared triumphantly.

The gates silently opened and Lucy awkwardly surged forward following the two foul men into the Manor.

As the door opened into the foyer, Lucy heard a gasp of shock. Her eyes landed on Narcissa, who held a manicured hand to her mouth in surprise.

"Unbound her immediately!" snapped the woman. "She's no prisoner!"

"Can't do, ma'm—strict orders from Yaxley to imprison her here," Scabior countered as he leads the way into the drawing room.

"But—!"

Lucy looked around the all too familiar room from the portrait lined was to the crystal chandelier. Her eyes flicked over to the fireplace as she caught the flash of bright blonde hair rising from it.

Draco.

He was as handsome as ever and looked rather powerful in his pristine black suit. His hair had grown out more, and inside his eyes were the swirling depths of hurricanes. His wand silently retracted from his sleeve as he strode closer and Scabior gave him a toothy, satisfied grin.

"Look at this gorgeous one I found!" he announced, running a hand over Lucy's hair. She certainly did not feel gorgeous covered in dirty snow and blood. Greyback let out an eager growl of enthusiasm.

"Get the fuck away from her," Draco coldly demanded as he flicked his wand, causing the restraints to disappear from Lucy's strained wrists.  "If either of you lay a finger on her again, I'll kill you,"

Scabior blinked with surprise and stepped back, along with a begrudging Greyback who let out a bark of anger.

"But Yaxley said—!"

"I don't give a fuck what Yaxley said, she's not some prisoner. Now leave us," snapped Draco, his tone full of venom.

Scabior stood rooted on the spot for a second, flabbergasted, before finally scoffing and heading out of the drawing room. Greyback surveyed Lucy the way a cat watches a mouse, causing a shiver to erupt down her spine.

"I'll get a taste of that soft skin one of these days, beautiful..." he husked before following after Scabior.

Lucy visibly shuttered with fear from where she sat on the cold wooden floor. Draco stepped closer, crouching down to her level. His startling grey eyes scan over her with icy emotion.

"Did they do this to you?" he gently asked, reaching out a hand to inspect the cut on her cheek.

"No," she replied with equal softness as he cups her face with his hand.

"Are you hurt?"

She shook her head as Draco carefully helps her to her feet. Lucy glanced over shoulder to see a worried Narcissa, her hand still to her mouth.

"Oh—Lucy," gasped Narcissa, hurrying forward to pull the weak girl into a hug. "Are you alright dear?"

Lucy smiled bleakly at her. "I will be,"

"Come, let's get you cleaned up,"

✧・゚: *✧・゚✧*:・゚✧

Hours later, Lucy showered in burning hot water and scrubbed off every last bit of grime from her skin. The longer she scrubbed, she imagined removing the touches of the nasty Snatchers. She pulled on a pair of jeans and one of Draco's jumpers before glancing warily in the mirror. She looked like shit. Lucy could not help but breathe in his scent as she exited the bathroom.

The door to the bedroom creaked softly as she opened it. Draco is seated anxiously at the edge of the mattress, biting his nails as she walked into the room. One if his long legs is bouncing up and down as his nerves get the best of him.

"Draco," Lucy spoke softly.

Draco looked up, his eyes swirling.

"I know that there is so much that I need to explain to you," she began. "And I can't even begin to imagine what you think of me right now—"

"Lucy,"

"I just want you to know, I never wanted any of this—"

"I got all of your letters," he interrupted.

"You did?"

Draco nodded. "I wrote back to each of them until I realized—you weren't getting mine,"

"But how—?"

"I don't know who it was—but I felt helpless, Lucy," he continued solemnly. "I couldn't save you or protect you,"

"Draco don't beat yourself up—"

"Beat myself up?" he echoed, temper rising. "I lost you for fuck's sake! There was nothing I could do but sit here, shacked up in this miserable place, and think about what happened!"

"Draco—stop—it's okay now!"

"Its not okay! Nothing is okay right now—"

"I'm here, Draco," she reminded him.

"I'm tired of being weak!" he exclaimed.

"You're not weak—!"

"Lucy, you don't understand, I—"

At that moment, Lucy chose to step forward and place her lips onto his own. The feeling was pure and utter bliss as Draco melted into her touch like putty, pulling her close against him. He deepened the kiss as his fingers slip through her damp hair.

"Not now," Draco muttered, pulling away breathlessly. "I want to take my time with you,"

Lucy feels her cheeks burn as she nodded, moving to sit on the bed beside him. "Okay,"

The two began to talk as she filled him in on her life away at Hogwarts, and how she had eventually run away with Arielle and Blaise.

"Promise me, I'll never lose you again,"

"I promise,"

✧・゚: *✧・゚✧*:・゚✧

author's note:

screeching rn. they're back together!!!! and ofc there will be some arguing. the first half is giving touch her and die and honestly i'm here for that!!!! draco is going to go through some serious character development in these last few chapters. also yes i am robbing ya'll of smut because i just dont feel like it adds much the fic at this point and i want to finish it but i may come back and add a bonus chap later on.