1. TRAIN RIDE

Outside the window of the scarlet train, the rolling green hills of the English countryside flash by

Outside the window of the scarlet train, the rolling green hills of the English countryside flash by. Puffy clouds dotted the solemn grey skies. The Hogwarts Express had left the platform only an hour ago, yet Lucy Armstrong had spent the entire duration of the trip listening to her friends ramble on about their summer holidays.

Lucy considered herself to be many things, but an extrovert was not one of them. That position was permanently filled by her best friend.

"How was your summer then, Lucy?" Arielle asked curiously. She had plastered absurdly pink hair dye throughout her amber locks, and wore at least five pounds worth of fine jewelry. "Well?"

Lucy slipped on her tortoiseshell framed glasses that had been resting in her lap and sighed. "Rather boring really," 

"I heard differently," argued Pansy, who sat opposite to them. The pug-faced girl with a black bob of hair was sandwiched in between Crabbe and Goyle. The inseparable pair of goons were trying to read a comic upside down.  Lucy believed them to have the likeliness and personality of ugly trolls.

"What is it you've heard then, Pansy?" Lucy dared, leaning forward towards her with narrow eyes.

"That the Ministry raided your estate in July," she smugly replied, peering at Crabbe and Goyle as if she wanted support on the matter. Goyle grunted.

Lucy's eyes wandered to Draco, who sat on the other side of Goyle. Her heart would skip a beat every time that she saw him. The feeling had crept into her ever since he had asked her to the Yule Ball two years ago (as friends, of course).

He had eyes more clear and blue than the sunniest summer day that she had ever seen.
At the same time, they were cold and grey, like the darkest depths of the churning ocean. This side of him was more representative of his hostile demeanor.

His lean figure seemed tense as his perfectly polished loafer rhythmically tapped against the floor. He frequently reached up to readjust the emerald and silver tie around his pale neck.

"Well, it's not like they actually found anything," Lucy quipped back before tucking a lock of dark hair behind her ear. 

Draco's eyes flitted up to her as she spoke, and their gazes met. For just a second, it felt like as though an icy wave of water had rushed over her, causing shivers to roll down her spine. His eyes were a hurricane of grey, and the intensity behind them made up of thousands of stirring storms.

"Don't flatter yourself Parkinson, they're raiding all of the Pureblood family homes, not just Lucy's," Theodore spoke up from beside her.

Pansy bit her lip and suddenly became extremely fascinated in the comic book that Crabbe and Goyle were reading.

Theo was a very handsome guy, although his features deeply contrasted that of Draco. His eyes were a warm hazel, and his messy tawny hair was constantly tickling the brow on his freckled face. If it were not for his slight pureblood superiority complex and anger issues, Lucy would certainly think he was supposed to be sorted into Gryffindor.