18. ARMSTRONG ESTATE

Although it was just days before Christmas, Lucy definitely was not feeling very merry as she glanced out the window of the Hogwarts Express

Although it was just days before Christmas, Lucy definitely was not feeling very merry as she glanced out the window of the Hogwarts Express. The countryside was a blinding white blanket of snow layered onto the ground. Intricate frost coated the frigid glass separating them from the unforgiving winter weather. Draco's arm wrapped loosely around her shoulder as Lucy glanced over at him with a small smile.

The majority of the six-year Slytherins were going home for Christmas break except for Arielle, who had a falling out with her Pureblood family in her first year after being sorted into Slytherin house. Lucy was told that she was absolutely required to share every minute detail about the night she had spent with Draco via letter.

Meanwhile, Theo seemed to have finally have come to terms with Lucy and Draco's relationship, seeing as he sat quietly next to Pansy, playing a rather intense card game. Lucy flipped lazily through a rather heavy purple book, focusing heavily on the chapter regarding Vanishing Cabinets.

"I forgot to ask earlier," Draco hummed softly into her ear as the train went over a slight bump, knocking them closer together. "My mother was wondering if you would like to join us for Christmas,"

"You told your mum about me?" Lucy blinked, smilingly up at him with flushed cheeks. "Of course—I'd be delighted to come!"

"Brilliant, because I kind of already told her you'd be there," Draco informed him cheekily.

Lucy laughed gently at this as the scenery outside the train grew from beautiful to dreary as they encroached upon Muggle civilization. Finally, the scarlet train came to a screeching halt as they pulled into King's Cross Station. Lucy's body began to fill with dread, and her feet felt like bricks as they shuffled off of the train. Brilliant plumes of steam billowed out of the train, causing a weary haze to settle upon the platform. Lucy bid goodbye to all of her friends that hurried off to meet their family before turning to Draco, who looked down at her solemnly.

"I'm going to miss you," Lucy told him sheepishly, wrapping her tightly arms around him.

"I know," Draco said softly, enveloping her small figure into a hug. "I'll see you in two days,"

"Two days," Lucy agreed, stepping onto her tippy-toes to plant a soft kiss onto his lips. Draco lightly cupped her cheek before pulling away.

"Lucy, I—" Draco began, only to be interrupted.

"Armstrong!" Lucy glanced quickly over her shoulder to see her father's work partner turned butler, Yaxley. He was a thin yet slimy-looking man, with a rather long blonde ponytail. Draco gave her hand a light squeeze before disappearing into the throng of the crowd.

"Hello, Yaxley," she greeted stiffly, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. "Still my father's butler, I see,"

"Let's go," he barked, raising an eyebrow at her before reaching an arm out. She placed her hand cautiously upon his forearm. Before she knew it, the world was spinning around her in a colored void, and she felt as though she was being pushed through a rather tiny tube. After the dizzying event was over, the cold stung her cheeks as she found herself standing in the English countryside.