10. RESTRICTED SECTION

A week later, Lucy rubbed her temples as she sat deep in thought in the common room

A week later, Lucy rubbed her temples as she sat deep in thought in the common room. She was trying her hardest to write her Transfiguration essay, but it was proving to be quite challenging with all of the yelling coming from the Theo and Blaise playing round after round of Gobstones. She let out a sigh as she rolled up her scroll and set off for the library.

The library was filled floor to ceiling with countless books and intricate wooden architecture. Lucy however, was focused on finding the Spells section. She slowly ran a finger over all of the delicate spines of the books as she went by. At last, she found a book on the wonders of Elemental Transfiguration. It was impossibly heavy yet she began to carry it over to a desk, teetering with the weight. However, just as she was about to sit down, something or more specifically, someone caught her eye. The back of a certain pale blonde wearing a Slytherin robe. Lucy quickly abandoned the book and glided over to see the Restricted Section where he was snooping.

"Draco?" she called out hesitantly.

He turned around quickly, with a petrified look on his already pale face. When he saw that it was only the raven- haired girl, his expression softened slightly.

"Bloody hell, what the fuck are you doing here Armstrong?" he asked as he quickly shut a leather bound book and placed it back on the shelf. Lucy approached him apprehensively.

"I was just trying to write my Transfiguration essay," she told him quitely, afraid that Madam Pierce would hear her and give them both detention.

"Oh," he replied flatly as he glanced over at her. His gaze was intense as his cool blue eyes burned into her amber ones. Draco had shuffled forward, closer to her and was now only inches away. She could now see the bags under his eyes and the stress built up behind them.

"Is everything er—alright? Can we maybe talk?" Lucy whispered, absentmindedly reaching out to touch his shoulder reassuringly. His body recoiled at her touch, unaccustomed to the gentle feeling.

"There's nothing to talk about. What almost happened between us was a mistake," he insisted coldly, swiveling on his heel to walk the other direction. Lucy desperately reached her hand out and grabbed his own before he could make a swift exit.

"Draco, please--"

Before Lucy could do anything, his strong arms had backed her up against the bookshelf within the Restricted Section. Her back pressed against the hard wood of the desk as his lips crashed onto hers. Her entire body felt as if it were on fire as she finally, eagerly, kissed him back.

 Kissing Draco was an absolute dream. She could taste his favorite mint gum and breathed in the aroma of his cologne. It was an intoxicating feeling, and Lucy felt herself leaning into the kiss, eager for more. At this, his hands traveled slowly down her body to her waist. The feeling sent feverish chills down her body as her nimble fingers intertwined with his soft platinum hair.