The Tenants

I desperately wanted to open the letter. But my conscience stopped me because deep down, I knew that was mail fraud. The rest of the day was a battle between my obsession disorder needing to find more information about the house and it's new occupants and sense of decency. My obsession won.

  I decided to deliver the letter in person. But not yet. I wanted to keep it until the right moment. I went to the bathroom and pulled it out of my blouse and buried it in the bottom of my bag.

At 4.30pm, AJ was standing in the post office doorway, watching the passing traffic.

"Oh Dear." I heard her say, I rolled my eyes, expecting to hear a long winded story about a car
accident she'd just witnessed. Instead, she ran inside all flushed with excitement. "Someone just pulled into the driveway across the road. It was a van, Carl's maintenance. I'm calling him." I couldn't decide who was more excited, AJ or me. She ran to the back room to make the call. I waited patiently, counting down the moments until closing time.

"Well?" I said when she returned five minutes later.

"Oh, Carl didn't pick up. I've been on the phone with Terry from the surf club. He said there's a huge storm on its way. You'd better head on home Darl, before it starts to rain."

  It must be a bad storm, I thought, if AJ was willing to let me go home early. I collected my bag and stood at the traffic lights waiting for the walk signal. The sky was a eerie shade of mauve, and I could smell the rain in the air.

I tapped my foot anxiously. Storms were the one and only thing in the world that scared me. The lights finally changed and I quickly made my way across the road. Halfway across, the skies opened up. I screamed, unprepared for the sudden downpour. By the time I was at the mansion's bay windows, I was drenched. I looked down at my white shirt which was now completely see through.

For a second, I considered using my bag to cover my breasts when I realised I'd forgotten to put
a bra on that morning because I was running late. But I didn't. I brazenly walked up to the bay windows, and pretended to seek protection from the rain under the mansion's awning.

I turned my back to the window and smiled to myself. Aware that my skirt and blouse were clinging to my body, leaving nothing to the imagination. I didn't need to turn around to know someone was watching me, because every car and pedestrian on the street were watching me.

And I loved it.

Until I began shivering uncontrollably from the cold. That's when I realised what a stupid idea it was to be standing in the rain. I stepped onto the foot bath to look for a taxi. But instead of a taxi, the local police cruiser pulled up.

"Jamie, get in." Constable Matt Parker called out. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I decided to take him up on his offer.

"Thank you Constable Matt." I said, sitting in the backseat of his cruiser, shivering.

"You look like a drowned rat." Matt turned to face me, he spoke directly to my see through blouse.

"You charmer you." I said, rolling my eyes. Matt made small talk while he drove me the short distance to my apartment. I looked in my bag, concerned that the rain had ruined the letter. But
luckily it was still dry, apart from the one drop of water that dripped off my face onto the address. Shit, I swore to myself and buried the letter deep inside my dry bag.

I suddenly realised that I was committing mail fraud for even having the letter in my bag, I crossed my legs tightly in the back of a police cruiser. I looked into Matt's face and sure enough, his eyes were still on my breasts, instead of the road. I bit my lip, he smiled.

When we reached my apartment, he walked me to my door, and followed me in. The second we were inside my apartment, he was behind me, bending me over my sofa. Desperately pulling my skirt up my thighs and peeling my soaking wet panties off me. Constable Matt unzipped his pants and thrust inside me. I backed up against him, groaning in pleasure as he fucked me hard from behind. He tore open my shirt and squeezed my breasts. A few deep strokes later and it was all over.

"We should go out on a proper date sometime." Matt suggested afterwards.

"Sure." I replied. I don't want to date you, I just want to fuck you, is what I really thought. Matt
Parker was the first guy I met when I moved here last year. We'd been fuck buddies ever since. I knew he liked me, but the problem was I just liked fucking him, in his uniform. I didn't even know what his body looked like under the uniform. I wasn't interested. He seemed like a nice, normal guy, and that was the problem. I didn't want nice. I didn't want normal.

"Do you want to order in?" He asked.

"I would love that, but I have to wash my hair tonight. Rain check?"

"Sure." Matt said as I lead him to my door. At the door he kissed me, in a way that was intended to leave me wanting more. The only thing I wanted was my frozen dinner.

The next morning I walked to work the long way, avoiding the mansion. I decided to take a leaf out of Constable Matt Parker's book, I wanted to leave my stalker wanting more. I entered the post office via the back entrance and ate my lunch in the back office. Truly relishing my little game. Even if the stalker was a figment of my own imagination. It was the most fun I'd had in a year.

At the end of the day, I accepted AJ's offer for a ride home, smiling to myself at how clever I was. As we neared my apartment, AJ gasped.

"Oh My God. I almost forgot to tell you!" She began, she was so flushed with excitement, I knew it had to be something good, "I spoke to Carl last night."

"And?" I asked, wanting to slap her for not getting to the point.

"He was installing a wheelchair ramp!"

My heart almost stopped beating. In fact, I'm sure it did. AJ continued chatting animatedly, guessing who the new tenant could possibly be. I knew exactly who it was. It was the older Beauchamp grandson. The new tenant at the mansion was Ashton B. James, the man of my dreams AKA my current Obsessive Love Disorder obsession.