Touché

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I paced my apartment. Dreading the moment my phone would light up. Or I'd hear an angry knock on my door. I couldn't believe my luck. Just when things were going so well between Ashton and I.

What was she doing there? How did she even get in? My mind was racing with excuses for Blake when he found out. I knew he wouldn't want me after that. Even though I'd warned him that I intended to sleep with his brother.

I knew I shouldn't feel guilty. Blake and I were just fucking. We weren't in a relationship and he did say he wanted his brother to have a normal healthy sex life. He should be happy his brother wasn't impotent like they all thought. He did say he didn't want me to sleep with him, but it wasn't planned, things just happened.

If he thought about it, Blake was to blame for all this, he went out and left his defenceless brother alone around a maneater like me.

I jumped when my phone buzzed. I looked at my watch, it was 12pm. I wondered if I should use some of my savings and get on the first flight out of Melbourne. Just run away, to anywhere, and avoid going near the house ever again. I reluctantly flipped my phone over and almost passed out in relief. It wasn't Ashton. It was Constable Matt.

'Can I come up? I have a surprise.' NOT TODAY MATT, I screamed internally. Then I reconsidered. I knew I no longer had any control of the situation with the heirs, but I still had all the power in my relationship with my policeman lover. I was going to need him when the heirs froze me out.

But right now, I couldn't think of anything worse than sleeping with Matt as a means of keeping him in my life. But, I knew I needed to keep him happy so he stuck around and I didn't end up all alone. I couldn't bare to be alone.

I decided to go outside to see what Matt wanted. I would flirt with him just enough to keep him interested then send him home so I can face whatever punishment was coming. I checked myself in the mirror, flattened my sex hair with a lick of spit on my hand. Then walked downstairs.

Matt was leaning against his police cruiser. He had aviator sunglasses on and looked like a policeman pin up model. I smiled at the sight of him, remembering why I was fucking him in the first place. He smiled back at me, I momentarily forgot all my problems and swooned. He was a hot cop, why wasn't he enough for me?

"Hi handsome."

"Hey beautiful," he looked confused as to why I was home and hadn't invited him up to my apartment.

"You okay?"

"Yes. I just let a bug bomb off in the apartment that's all." I lied.

He looked around then took me into his arms, kissing me passionately. Why aren't you enough? His hands wandered down my back to cup my curvy butt. He loved my butt, they all did. I laughed and pulled away, acting coy.

"I've missed you." He said, looking around to see why I was acting weird.

"Me too." I looked him up and down.

"What have you been up to? You've been quiet..."

"Oh, just lady problems, you know how it is sometimes." I could see he wasn't buying my bullshit one bit.

"I thought you dumped me for the new owners of the Beauchamp house. I saw you go in one night, with a little girl?" I knew it, he'd been watching me.

"That's Molly. She's the cutest kid ever." Then we stared at each other in awkward silence. He folded his arms across his chest and scowled. Waiting for me to elaborate.