Blue Eyes

I didn't sleep that night. My obsessive brain was in overdrive. On the one hand, I was ecstatic at the idea that my mystery stalker was the Ashton B. James. On the other hand, meeting people I was obsessed with always ended very badly. And more often than not, ended badly for me.

The problem wasn't me, it was always them. Normal people couldn't handle my intensity. The
only people who liked it, were the crazy ones. The crazier they were, the more they liked me.

Which was fine, until it became dangerous. Which it always did. After the nightmarish way the last one ended. I decided no more relationships for Jamie Sutton. Ever.

The next morning was anxiety filled. I never planned or expected to be meeting Ashton B. James, so my normally carefully scripted life seemed like it was in free fall. I was too tired to plan my next move. And there was no way my obsessive nature would allow me to let fate take the wheel. So I decided to get an Uber to work and enter via the black door again. I needed a few days to formulate a strategy. I needed time to regain control of the situation.

To add to my hell, AJ was waiting for me when I let myself into the post office. Which was unlike her, AJ was always late for work. She always ran in at five minutes past nine, disheveled and flushed with excitement. Today she was the colour of a tomato, panting and breathless. She looked like she'd ran all the way to work.

"JAMIE... I KNOW WHO'S MOVING INTO THE MANSION..."

  I pretended to look disinterested by making myself a coffee while AJ caught her breath.

"Frederick III passed away last month. He left the old place to his two grandsons..." I feigned surprise, and waited for her to tell me what I already know.

"... they're both moving in. The younger one's been here for the week preparing for his brother. Jamie you'll never believe it..."

"Tell me..." I said, truly shocked that the person who'd been watching me was not Ashton, but in fact the mysterious younger brother Blake. The one I couldn't find on the internet.

"The older one is an army vet...in a wheelchair..." I didn't hear anything else. I sipped my coffee, my over analysing mind was in overdrive.

I was both aroused and disturbed, in the best possible way, when I thought my stalker may have
been Ashton. But knowing it was the brother I knew nothing about, made my pussy do somersaults. I crossed my legs to ease the sudden ache between them. My heart was beating so fast, I felt faint. Luckily for me, AJ was so self obsessed, she couldn't see me having my panic attack. I excused myself and went to the bathroom. I could still hear AJ through the door.

I pulled my phone out of my bag an texted Constable Matt.

'Come over tonight. Bring something. JX'.

Yes, my policeman lover, was also my drug dealer.

I decided to have lunch on my bench after all. Since I didn't pack anything and it was a stinking hot day, lunch was a frozen yoghurt. I sat on the bench and began spooning the delicious yoghurt into my mouth as suggestively as possible.

I tried not to smile as one car slowed down and honked his horn. To my delight, the sheet curtains moved. I crossed my legs, moaning to myself. I watched the space between the curtains, attempting to make out a figure. But there was nothing. Which was fine by me. I was the master of delayed gratification. I was patient. I was happy to wait for the great reveal. I wondered why being watched by the stranger was so arousing.

  Jamie, you're a fucking freak, I told myself.

That evening, I walked along the pedestrian crossing towards the bay windows. The curtains
moved again. This time, I saw a hand. I frowned, shocked because it wasn't a man's hand. I narrowed my eyes to zoom in. To my horror, it was a child's hand. Then the child appeared. It was a little girl with almost white shoulder length hair, and the biggest blue eyes I'd ever seen in my life. She was so pale and cute, I wondered for a second if she was an angel or a ghost.