Chapter 23

Jackson's POV
It's been a week since we have seen or heard from the girls. To be honest with everyone I rather be out searching the world for Eve and Mal but I have to act natural according to Payton so my dad won't find them. So this means we have to stay on tour and act like everything is alright for the public which it seems like they are all starting to know something is up anyways. But since they have been gone me and Payton have went to two meet and greets without them and had to tell everyone they weren't feeling well and also make up a excuse for Ryan since he is thinking about kicking them from the tour but today is moving day. The tour is finally going somewhere else, Huston, Texas.

We've already been on the bus for at least an hour and the sun is starting to set. So it's time for a bus stop to eat and change clothes if we have too. So the bus stops at a Applebee's next to a gas station so we can grab snacks as we leave if we need to.

As everyone is leaving the bus I decide to stay on the bus and stay hidden so I can spend this time to myself to search. But to be honest with everyone I haven't eaten in days. More like ever since they left I have wanted nothing more but to search and search but I... "Jackson?", I hear someone say as I turn to find Payton. "Hey." "Aren't you coming?" "No I think imma stay on and be to myself for a little bit.", I say as I get more comfortable in my seat and continue looking out the window.

"Jackson?", payton questions my name as I turn to look at him. "Please bro come eat... you haven't eaten in days and everybody is starting to notice..." "Do I care what everybody is starting to notice?!", I say getting up right in Payton's face not knowing what is going to happen next. "Look dude..", he starts but I interrupt. "No you look dude, you don't know how I feel and I know you lost Mal but at least you didn't give her everything yet like I did! At least y'all didn't go fully public! At least y'all didn't give yourselves to each other! AT LEAST YOUR DAD DOESN'T HATE THE ONLY THING YOU LOVE!", I scream at him as he looks at me in shock.

We sat there looking at each other on the verge of tears when my phone goes off interrupting us. "I'll leave you to it.", is all I hear him say as he exits the bus. I just shook it off hoping it wasn't my father on the phone cause then I would have bigger issues. But as I pulled my phone out it came to a shock. It was the one person I never would have thought to hear from again and I was so excited that I never picked up the phone so fast. 

"Eve?!", was all I could think to say. But there was no response so I said it again and listened closely. All I could hear was her sweet breathing through the phone as I longed to hear her ever again. "Eve I know your there...what's wrong?" "Jackson... something has happened.", I heard her lightly say back. "What do you mean?", I asked as I sat back down at my window seat. "They found us and even harmed one of Mals family members... and I'm afraid...that...that's...", I heard her talking on the verge of tears. "Listen... just breathe ok. Just breathe.", I said as I heard her take to deep breaths and focus. "Now finish." "I'm just afraid it's gonna happen to Mal so I need help, please?"

Payton's POV
I've never heard Jackson yell at me the way he did tonight, maybe it is time to finally tell his father where it's at. I thought as I sat outside waging if I should go in or go back to tell Jackson's father off. But I guess my heart and mind decided together cause by the time I knew it I was outside the bus about to open the doors when I heard Jackson from the inside talking to someone. So I listened closer to hear him say, "Eve I know your there...what's wrong?". Wait how? Is all I could think as I listened to there whole convo.

All I heard from there convo was something about them being in trouble and needing help, but before I could step on the bus I saw Jackson getting off from the back with his stuff. "Where the hell do you think your going!?", I practically yelled at him, halfway scaring him. "Nowhere...", he stated with a still shocked look. "I heard you talking to Eve, now explain!", I stated kinda harshly. That's when he gave me a confused look and finally told me everything that she had told him.

Jackson's POV
After I spilled everything that Eve had told me Payton started grabbing his stuff. "Umm what are you doing?", I asked as he joined me. "I'm coming with you.", he said walking towards the bus stop. "What!? You can't come with me." "Why not?" "Because I promised Eve I wouldn't get anyone else involved." "Well I'm not like everyone else.", he stated as he gave our money to the driver. "Fine but I'm not getting blamed for this.", I said as I followed him to our seat.
____________________________________
•934 words•
Boys chapter❤️
wdw_045