Chapter 14

Eve's POV
After I explained everything to Mal about what happened on the bus, I started hearing things. I heard footsteps and they sounded like they were getting closer. I don't know what's been happening lately but I do know that people are starting to notice me more. Like me being different. Like sometimes I catch Mal looking twice thinking things like 'How are you that strong' or 'Didn't you have a cut there yesterday'. And yes I think I'm starting to read minds which is making me feel even crazier.

*Knock! Knock!*
"I got it.", I said to Mal as I got off the bed and ran to the door. When I opened it I found Jackson and Payton standing outside looking simi nice, since we are going to a club. "Are you guys ready?", Jackson asked nudging the door wanting to come in. "Oh just give us a minute please.", I said closing the door slowly. I started to walk back to Mal when I could actually hear what they were saying. I can't believe I've never tried this before. "Dude when are you gonna tell her?", Payton said angrily to Jackson. "Dude chill! I will explain things to her when the time is right." "I'm giving you till midnight tonight or I'm gonna tell her myself.", Payton spits back.

Now I'm even more confused than I was before I heard their conversation. "Eve?" That's when I looked up to find Mal walking towards me with my things. "Oh yeah I'm doing great.", I said trying to fake a smile. I think I got past her because then she just handed me my stuff with a ok and walked out the door to meet the boys.

When we got downstairs we met up with most of the guys from tour and headed out to the limo parked outside. "Hey Eve, can I talk to you when we get there?", Jackson asked grabbing my arm before I was about to get in. "Yeah I guess?", and with that we all got in and headed to the club.

I wasn't focused on anyone or anything when we finally pulled up. The music was hurting my ears which was causing a headache, but all I could think was what was Jackson gonna tell me and why is Payton so worried. Plus all these people in one area was hurting my head even more. I kept feeling a tingle in the back of my throat and I never have felt this way before. I knew I shouldn't have come. "Eve!", I heard Jackson yell as he was getting out. I couldn't think straight plus I was scared of what he would say, so I ran off into the alley way next door, before anyone could see me.

I have been sitting in this alley way for about an hour now and no one has came looking for me and my head was pounding, so I guess I could try and head back to the hotel. So I started to get up and head out the back when I heard someone walking behind me. When I turned around I found Mal. "Eve? What are you doing back here?", she asked coming closer. "No stop don't come any closer!", I said walking backwards a little ways. "Why? What's wrong?" "I don't... I don't want to hurt you." "How would you hurt me?", she asked walking closer. "Please stay back?", I said trying to back up but I stepped right into the wall and I hit the back of my head.

And that's when I finally snapped, I couldn't feel anything, and I had no idea what the heck I was doing. But all I remember is me bolting towards Mal. But right when I bit her I got thrown off. I hit the brick wall to the club, knocking me out.

Jackson's POV
"Dude! What was that!", I said running over to Eve to check on her. "Dude I just did what I had too.", Payton said checking Mal's neck. "But you didn't have to knock her out!" "We have bigger problems right now, if you can't see that!", Payton said nodding towards Mal. "What...?", Mal said shocked while grabbing onto Payton's sleeve. "Shh...shh. It's ok. Your going to be ok.", Payton said wrapping her with both his arms.

"What just happened?", I heard Eve speak up, which shocked me back to reality. "Oh my god! Are you okay?", I asked trying not to freak her out.

Eve's POV
"Yeah why?", I asked looking around to see Mal in Payton's arms and Jackson looking all scared and shocked at me. "Look if I did something I'm sorry. My head was just hurting and..." "STAY AWAY FROM ME!", Mal basically screamed at me as I stood up. "Woah Mal, are you ok?", I asked running towards her as I saw her neck. "Yeah, just stay away from me!", she yelled dodging my embrace.

I was about to just yank her away from Payton but Jackson grabbed me and led me away from them. As he was leading me around back I was listening to their conversation until I heard Payton run off with Mal. Probably back to the hotel, to let her sleep. "What was that all about?", and that's when Jackson pushed my back up against a wall, violently. "Ouch!", I stated sarcastically. "Don't ever do that again!", he screamed in my face. "What are you talking about?" "You! You almost killed your best friend!" "What are you talking about?", I asked which made him release his grip on my arms and set me down.

I must have really confused him because he went and sat down on a curb. I was gonna sit beside him but someone grabbed my arm and jerked me around. When I was finally turned I saw Payton. His eyes were red and he had purple veins under his eyes. He looked pissed but I don't know why.

"What is wrong with you guys?", I asked looking between the both of them. "Eve...", Jackson said quietly. "We need to talk...", Payton added in.
________________________________
•1025 words•
June 1,2020🌻
wdw_045