Chapter 21

Mal's POV
After Eve explain the whole vampire thing I freaked out, "WHAT THE FUCK!" "shhhhhh do you want all of Texas to hear!?", she said in a sarcastic tone. "Sorry, I'm just surprised that's all.", she looked like she had more to spill. "What are you hiding? Spill your guts right now." I said as I gave her a glare, she went silent. "Now Evony!" "Fine I'll tell you!", she said, "I- well we... I mean me and Jackson... well we..." "Omg Eve spit it out!" "Fine we did it!", she shouted as she stared at the road. I sat back surprised and stared at the road.

"Please say something...", she said in a pleading tone "I heard you..." I paused "OMG MY BESTIE LOST IT, IT'S A SPECIAL DAY!!!" I said shocking her as she kept looking between me and the road. "Yeah but now someone is literally hunting me down so we can't really stop moving." "True but I hate to say it I want a shower so bad I know it's really bad timing and we need to look at tho...?! Eve they're gone!" She  told me to grab the wheel while she look down at the bullet holes except they were gone like healed. She looked back up and grabbed the wheel so I let go "How?... But seriously I need a shower. Do you think maybe we could book a room tonight at a hotel take a shower and wash our clothes in their washing machine, I mean we're both out of clothes, we're starting to not smell that good cause of all the walking in dirt we've done and you and I both know this car ain't the best to sleep in?", I asked as she went quiet for a second. "I don't know Malibu I mean we're being hunted down by who knows who. I don't want you to get hurt your human you can get hurt easily or worse killed and I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I could of kept that from happening." She looked over at me serious with a sad face I looked at her. "Hey I'll be ok I can handle myself I may not be able to push bullets out of my skin but I'm a crazy red headed bitch with anger issues and a need to protect my sister, but I promise I'll be ok we both will". I cracked a smile and so did she. "Ok thanks you made me me feel somewhat better.", she said with a little giggle. "Good now what do you say to that hotel?" She shook her head yes as she pulled around the corner and had me pull up directions on my phone , to the closest hotel which was an hour away.

While we were only 40 minutes into the drive we realized we were almost on empty so we stopped at a gas station and fill up with gas so I decided to get some snacks. I walked in,payed for our gas,snacks and drinks and walked out. Eve was already in the car waiting on me so I gave her snacks to her. After I opened my drink and took a big sip of my Mountain Dew and opened my snacks and started eating, we sat there and finished then we got back on the road. We were only 20 minutes away from the hotel so I decided to take a quick nap but instead my mind wandered to Payton wondering if he's ok. Are the people after him to? Should I go back? Should I try and make things right, or should I just let him live his life and find someone like another vampire that can spend eternity with him someone not like me? I know I should tell Eve but I already feel bad from not stopping her leaving Jackson. I should tell her but I don't know how but I'm hoping to at the hotel once we get settled in.

Finally after finishing my thoughts we were at the hotel, jeez how long was I thinking about that, I hopped out of the car and opened the backseat and grabbed my bag and my skateboard. I really wish now I hadn't left my surfboard with Payton I could use a good session to get my anger out but now that's not going to happen. Me and Eve walked in to see if they had any rooms available which thankfully they did so we decided to split the cost and to my surprise it was only 80 a night. They gave us a room on the top floor apparently there was only two rooms up there so we could be by ourselves I hope.

While walking towards the elevator I saw that there was a workout room and a pool so I  tapped Eve on the shoulder. "Hey wanna go swimming?" "Yeah let's just get in and get settled first." I agreed and continued to get on the elevator, once to the top and in our room we decided to sit down and gather our clothes that needed washing thankfully me and Eve decided to pack lots of clothes meaning she brought 8 outfits and so did I but we had already worn 5 leaving us with 3 outfits, while on the run so not much help there. We decided to change into our swim suits wrap a towel around us and head down dropping our clothes off in the washer and started them hoping that they could be ready to go into the dryer when we got back.

Once we finally got down there we used our card key to get in and we were the only ones in there so great finally time to relax and try to swim the stress off. Eve hopped in splashing me while she went under the water saying. "Come on Mal it's not that cold." I looked at her like she was crazy, "Bullshit I felt it it's freezing I think I'll just stick to the hot tub.", as I walked over to it and slid in the nice and warm tub but I had to get out and start the jets. I put them on the medium setting and put the timer on for 20 minutes and heard Eve whine. "Come onnnnnn don't leave me alone in here!" I turned my head to the side where she could only see half my face looking at her. "Why it's colddddd.", she huffed and grumbled as she got out and into the hot tub. "Pretty please who knows if the next hotel will have a pool plus you know how much you love to swim.", she smiled as I looked defeated. "Ughhhh fine but stop the whining that's my job." I said cracking a small smile as she smiled and laughed.

After only sitting in there for 14 minutes she got bored. "Come on your 15 minutes are up.",while rolling her eyes. "Actually I still have a minute left." I smiled but she was not laughing instead she got out picked me up under my arms and through me into the pool. I screamed as soon as I hit the water and went under as I came back up she was already in and laughing at what she thought was funny. "Omg Eve that was such a bitchy move how could you we made a deal!" I said pouting. "Ehh I thought it was funny if you ask me.", she said with a grinning smile.  "Remind me to never make a deal with you, next time I'll do what I want and not tell you." "You wouldn't!" she said looking fake offended. "Ohh but I would." I said looking evil. "Remind me to never get on your bad side.", she said laughing.

After swimming for an hour or a little more we decided to get out dry off and go back to our room and take showers and get ready for bed. We were both in our beds and I decided to tell Eve and ask her her opinion. "Eve I want the honest truth and you honest opinion, why did we leave in the first place and do you think leaving the boys was the best option and do you hope that they will look for us and will our lives ever be normal again?"

———————————————————————————
1417 words
tinynemo
sorry I've been gone awhile but gonna be trying to write. Bye👋!