Chapter 16

Mal's pov
I woke up the next morning still afraid of Eve but I didn't want to tell her that. I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I hear a light snore, thinking it was Eve I felt my heart race so I looked down getting ready to slide out of the bed to see a sleeping Payton. I frowned no this isn't right. So I hoped out of bed and decided to go surfing, after all we are in LA so why not.

I went and got dressed and put my suit underneath my clothes and grabbed my small surfboard and my skateboard and went down stairs, when I got down in the lobby there was no one there. Good I need to think. I walked outside and stepped on my skateboard with my surfboard in my hand and was off to the beach.
Before I got there I decided to take a picture but not post it yet until I got back because I don't want fans right now, I just need to think.

After I finally got to my spot on beach. I saw it was empty that's good no ones figured out it's here yet so I decided to check my phone and it was 12:30 in the afternoon so I got a couple of hours? I decided to go on and drop my stuff and ran towards the water. Once I was out in the water long enough I started to hear someone screaming "GET OUT OF THE WATER!", I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. The man screamed out again "SHARK!" I looked around there was no shark until I felt myself going up in the air and a throbbing pain in my upper leg then falling back in the water to have a crushing and popping feeling in my rib cage. Then I wasn't able to breathe. I saw the shark coming back up and I swam as fast as I could, apparently really fast cause I was quickly on shore. Then I crawled to my phone and used all the energy I had to get out of sight.

I quickly called Eve, on the third ring she picked up "Hey girl are you ok?" "Come to the beach quickly I'm behind the trees I've been shark bit please hurry.", then the line went silent then I screamed out "mierda, esto es malo y duele como el infierno!" (shit this is bad and it hurts like hell!) I looked beside of me to see a towel. I picked it up and rapped it around my leg as tightly as I could to try and stop the bleeding, while trying not to scream.

I looked to see no one there I mean after all it is a secluded part of the beach that not many people know about. Yeah I know your wondering how I know about it well when I was little my father would take me her when we would visit California and we would surf and no one else knows about this part of the beach except Eve and and a few other people and well let's hope she remembers. Then I felt a hungry feeling ok why do I feel hungry I just ate 30 minuets ago like its a weird tingly feeling in the back of my throat, not the point I looked down to see the bite still bleeding and didn't look like stopping anytime soon and I felt really weak but I knew I couldn't close my eyes. Eve better hurry or this could end in a very bad way, then I heard Eve scream "Mal where are you!", I used all the energy to say "Here!" Which was just a whisper but somehow she still heard it. She ran over to me with the boys all looking worried as she gently picked me up I heard her say grab her boards but it was all a whisper and she looked down at me and I didn't hear half of what she said my vision was in and out and last thing I heard Eve say was hold on before it all went black.

4 hours later
When I woke up I realized we where in a house I looked down at the iv's stuck in my arm and the stitches in my upper thigh and in my rib cage. Then I heard Eve, Jackson and Payton all yelling at each other "Why isn't she heeling?!" Eve said angrily "I bit her!", then Payton sighed. "Maybe it's not in her bloodstream yet or the bit didn't take?", Jackson sounded worried. "Wait if the bite doesn't take she'll die?!", Eve groaned in frustration and the door started to open so I pretended to be asleep. Then that smell of that perfect colon, Payton!

"Hey babygirl well Mal since where not dating anymore I know why you wanted to break up now so if you just wake up you can tell me it's always better to hear something explained from your mouth?", at that instant I knew we had to talk about it so I looked to the side looking directly in his eyes with him looking kinda shocked. "Please don't tell them I'm awake yet, just listen we need to talk about it ok?"He shook his head "Ok I'm listening." I breathed in then back out, "The reason I broke up with you is...I'm scared of getting hurt. All the guys I date end up hurting me wether it's with words or by cheating and I didn't want that to happen this time. It wasn't about the part in the room on the tour bus it was...I was just to scared by my past to let go and I know you would never do that to me but I'm still not ready to date. I wanna get my life back under control first does that makes sense?" He shook his head yes and smiled. "Yes makes perfect sense. I understand where your coming from but I'm just happy it wasn't something I did.", I smiled at him and said "Te amo mi ángel disfrazad" and smiled. He look confused "What does that mean?", I smiled "Learn Spanish and you'll know.", and that's when Eve busted through the door while Jackson walked in calmly. Eve smiled "Glad your ok Mals you scared us all." I smiled back at her and then Jackson spoke "Welcome back little sister!", with a smile "Glad to be back big brother.", I said with a cheesier smile. Then the room went silent and Eve nudged Jackson and gave him a look and he sighed "Listen Mal there's something big and you gotta promise not to freak out cause this is about to change your whole life."

————————————————————————
Hiya everyone hope you enjoyed the chapter😉
June 3,2020
tinynemo