Sorry To Break Your Bubble

Jale had enough.

He has had it up to here with waking up every day to repeat the same goddamn routine. It was boring and fucking exhausting. He would saunter out of bed, shower, grab a pair of pants and shove his body into clothes. He would move on to the kitchen where nothing was ever cooked and hoped to find himself some cereal and milk that wasn't expired. It was a shit hole of a life.

If it wasn't for his sister, his beckon of hope he wouldn't have continued. He wouldn't have stayed.

But even she was causing him to desire eternal sleep. He watched the chirpy happy teenager bounce into the kitchen after him with her hair up in a messy bun and a bunny hair holder pushing it back.

She had a face mask slapped on her face and her phone in hand. She perked up when she saw him and rushed up. Jale sighed. He knew what was going to come out of her mouth before she even said it.

"You're gonna live with Skylar!"

He cannot believe the first thing he heard in the morning was Skylar Lain's fucking name. This was slow torture. It couldn't be anything less. Jale groaned slamming the milk down on the counter.

"It's too early in the morning for this bullshit Vale,"

"Do you know how great this is? This is a blessing for me!"

"Enlighten me why don't you?" Jale rolled his eyes. He understood his sister's excitement. Him living with the abomination would allow her free reign to see him as much as she wanted, albeit, at the expense of his sanity.

"So where are you guys going to stay? It's here, is it? Please tell me it's here!"

"Fuck no, I would rather be caught dead before having that thing corrupt my fucking house," Jale growled taking up the cereal in his hands. He scowled at Vale for her distasteful ideas and walked passed her to drop into the white couch.

The smile on Vale's face vanished.

"Then where the hell are you guys staying? You guys can't be too far from here, you guys still have school!" Vale jumped over Jale's legs that found the centrepiece and settled on it. She dropped next to him and clutched his arm.

"Look Vale, I haven't taken one glance at that damn plan, you know, I'll rather not acknowledge it's existence," Jale replied. He shoved a spoon of cereal into his mouth and began to munch.

"By the way, aren't you going to school?" Vale asked dragging the hair holder out of her head.

"I'm suspended,"

"Bullshit, mom told me it was revoked until next week when you start living with Skylar,"

Jale groaned.

"Vale, tell me one goddamn reason why you like Lain,"

Vale stopped. She stared at her brother incredulously.

"Are you asking...me-,"

"Damn right I am," Jale placed his spoon in the bowl and turned his face to her. He knew whatever came out of her mouth would be glorified shit but he would hear her out anyways. He had to understand what about Skylar Lain was likeable.

"Have you ever seen him smile? It's so dreamy," A blush crept up onto Vale's cheek. Jale grimaced. He has seen the bastard smile and it was fucking creepy.

"He's so eloquent in speech, you know the boys I've talked to can't even say one sentence coherent and sound romantic, always sound like babbling fools," Vale giggled like a school girl getting her skirt played with at the playground by her childhood crush.