Midnight

The cold air slapping their faces as they stepped outside was an instant coolant to the collective lustful thoughts and actions that had been running through their heads. It was like fully forged hot swords were shoved into deep cold water. Their cheeks warmed as they took in the night air into their lungs.

They remained silent at the entrance flushing from the blood that was redirecting from their groins to their heads. Finally, for the first time, they were both feeling a small bit of shame from the actions they carry out in public.

Jale moved his left hand that wasn't held by Skylar's to stretch the collar of his shirt and breathed out into the night that felt one hundred degrees less than when they went in. His eyes fluttered up to stare at the night sky. It was completely different from the one inside the planetarium. It was dead. The chromatic transcendence the dome had held was void from this and Jale could understand Skylar's words a little now.

But he was still deeply confused. He kept trying to piece everything he was learning about Skylar together but puzzle pieces were still missing. Jale turned his head to look at the boy but found him already doing the same with a small smile on his lips. Skylar bumped his shoulder with his.

"You're blushing,"

Jale blinked twice slowly. He shoved his hand that Skylar wasn't holding into his pocket and rocked on his feet awkwardly.

"You're flushing too, red as a fucking cherry,"

Skylar laughed turning his head down to the pavement and covering the bottom half of his face with his hand.

"I don't blush golden boy,"

"Fuck you,"

Jale swivelled and dragged Skylar closer, dragging the boy's hand off his face. The boy's cheeks seemed to have gotten redder in that tiny moment their faces became close again. Jale smirked at the expression on Skylar's face. A soft warm feeling circulated like wildfire through his chest and made him headlight. The red was a huge contrast against the boy's pale skin so it stood out magnificently. Jale's hold on the boy's hand in his tightened pulling him even closer.

"See, you're blushing," He whispered through his smile.

"so?" Skylar breathed out with a chuckle.

Jale didn't respond just took in the Skylar in front of him. This was also a huge contrast to the crying one he was now familiar with too but every version never failed to awe him.

They moved closer as if they were going to kiss again but remembered they were in public and separated slowly while clearing their throats awkwardly. It didn't take a second before they glanced at each other again and laughter bumbled out of their throats as they walked down the street to the car.

*****

Skylar had fallen asleep in the passenger seat. Jale felt like a creep for a solid three minutes after he placed the car in park in front of their house and just watched his calm pretty face sleep.

The boy's shoulders were relaxed and he looked like an unbothered innocent cat this way, completely vulnerable to the world and its wickedness. Jale sighed. He couldn't believe he was thinking Skylar Lain needed to be protected from evil when he was the embodiment of it.

Jale eased back into the seat and lifted his hand to touch Skylar's fringes. He pushed the lack strands out of the boy's face. Skylar's head was leaning on the window slightly. His hair blew from the wind coming in.

Jale's eyebrows furrowed when he remembered Skylar's words in the planetarium. He knew the boy was having a hard time talking about himself. Skylar seemed to master eluding even thought about his past.