There's A End So Something Beautiful Can Begin

The narrow path had been long and winding. Skylar couldn't recognize the trail nor where they were, albeit it was a large forest with luscious trees, but it was still a scene right out of a horror thriller. Jale was clasping his hands tight as they walked through it. Skylar glanced at the side of the boy's face slightly. He was smiling stupidly. There was an orange glow from the sun hovering over the horizon, and the soft wind blew strands out of his face. Skylar felt his stomach squeeze, and a small jab of warmth twisted through his chest at the beauty before him.

Jale turned his face to his and grinned, like a child being faced with ice cream and a plush toy. Skylar smirked to hide the blush that was creeping up to his cheeks at the boy's face. They came to a stop, and Jale pointed up ahead to a small clearing.

"We're almost there,"

"Well, thank god for that, or I would think you were carrying me to be butchered," Skylar joked gently shoving his shoulders in Jale's.

Jale dragged him closer in a snap through their clasped hands and leaned into his face then pressed their noses together.

"Come on, you know that's your area of expertise, not mine," He breathed out through a dick-aggravating smile.

Skylar arched in brows in question but then he smiled and leaned in further. He closed the distance between their lips and kissed him basking in the heat and plumpness of them. Jale's lips never failed in making his chest frazzle with a heart-wrenching hard pulse. Jale's hand came up to circle his neck in a tight grip, tilting his head back and deepening the kiss into a passionate thrill but it was still slow, soft and tender, - full of sweet yearning and contentment.

They finished the journey to a clearing where there was a large meadow. It was a high hill overlooking most of Heighston town. Skylar stood in silence as his eyes roamed the beautiful scenery. The wind was stronger at this altitude, and it soared over their faces. Skylar inhaled and exhaled shakily. The hand holding his tightened around his fingers. The buildings, the cars, and the entire town looked so small from their point of view that it felt surreal. Skylar had seen all of this before, too many times from the balcony of his house, but not once did he ever think -

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"It is," Skylar answered in a dreamy breath without hesitation. He took it all in, in a painful acceptance that the scenery had finally taken on another meaning. The sky was a combination of intense orange and dark blue, filtered with beautiful strings of semi-toned clouds. There was a battle between the colors yet they were an uncanny perfect match. Jale shortened the distance between their shoulders, then turned to circle his arms around Skylar's shoulders, cuddling him into his chest. Their eyes met in a soft gaze, and their bodies relaxed in each other's arms. Skylar gently shifted his hands around Jale's waist and held him there.

"I was going to make a picnic here and then serenade you thoroughly," Jale chuckled, "It was gonna be a surprise, but here we are, without the picnic but with the serenade,"

"You're a horrible singer so that wouldn't have gone well," Skylar laughed.

"Are you saying if I sang a love song right now, slowly melting you with smooth meaningful romantic lyrics, you wouldn't love it?" Jale said while bumping Skylar's forehead with his index finger.

"Was this your grand date idea, golden boy?" Skylar responded with a smirk cocking his head to the side and letting his eyes roam the expanse of Jale's amused face and jarringly beautiful blue eyes. Jale dragged him closer and hissed with a bit of an annoyed edge.

"I'm not filthy rich,"

Skylar's smirk got deeper and he whispered back.

"I'm not complaining. I think it's cute so I'll hold you to it,"