Positions

His shoulders. His arms. His face. His skin. His waist.

They were all being touched by the mass of boys jumping and gyrating like a bunch of high hyenas on a hunt. He was used to the locker room being rowdy, a usual spectacle of chaos and he normally kept out of it, just an onlooker or catalyst to the mayhem.

Skylar sometimes placed himself at the forefront of it. A complete leader of the disorder that comes from mindless horny teenage boys filling up on adrenaline and tension in a small locker room.

They had been pawns in his game for messing with Jale because the boy had failed to capture the hearts of any of them. He had taken advantage of Jale's reluctance to become close to the team he was to play with and successfully manipulated every one of them into voting him as captain. Jale had been only a distant teammate and nothing else.

Always kept to himself, always only giving one-worded answers to anyone who tried to interact with him. Jale had been wrapped in a shell with his walls so high, it would have taken a dragon to get over it.

Skylar had to admit. Jale had skill. Jale was a perfect quarterback, way better than him at throwing a fucking ball. Skylar sucked at football entirely. Their team wouldn't have been failing this hard if Jale was in his position
The Skylar back then had relished in the sweetness of taking his dreams so cruelly from him.

Now it stung him.

Jale had needed more than skill to be a captain.

To be captain of a football team, one needed to be amicable, the myriad of approachable and relatable to boys with their heads in a gutter half the time.

A sucker for what people wanted and Skylar had become just that, no matter how annoying it had been.

He was ridiculous. He followed Jale to the football team all because he thought it would have fucked with the boy's head if even his love for the sport was ripped away too, tainted by Skylar himself.

Because what was a villain who didn't take what a hero loved hostage?

An idiot apparently. A villain that was too wrapped up in his middle school syndrome to realise he was just really a besotted fool in love.

"Shut up!" came a booming familiar voice from the door. Mr Walter walked in with his face screwed into a sour expression as he placed a tablet on the shelf that occupied the wall next to the door.

The room went quiet and the boys finally gave Skylar room to breathe. The blockade around him opened up to show Jale standing just a few feet away at his locker with an annoying tick to his face. He was just staring at it like he wanted to punch it. Cute. So cute. Jale looked like he would go positively red if he had witnessed Skylar being ogled any longer.

Skylar didn't turn to the coach but sat on the bench in the middle of the room. He eased his fingers around the bench openings and slid over to Jale's tension-filled figure slowly.

Skylar smiled when Jale's eyes looked down and caught his. Jale stared at him for a minute then lifted back to his locker.

"Should I just carve my name into your lips?" Jale mumbled as he tugged his locker open and took out his jersey.

Skylar's eyebrows rose at the insinuation that Jale would even want to carve his name on him. Skylar was sure his lips wouldn't suffice. His tongue wouldn't either. He would want Jale to carve his name everywhere he wanted to but it still wouldn't be enough. Could his mind even bear the weight of Jale's name on him? He would go nuts truly, more than he already was.

"You can try, you definitely can, if it sates your jealousy," Skylar chuckled out as he lifted his hand and touched the back of Jale's thigh. His head was right at the boy's waist from where he sat.