The Villain and The Hero II

The parking lot was full. The school bell had rang eons ago causing children to rush out of the door as if fire was on their asses. Jale and Skylar arrived at the parking lot in record time with their hands clasped in each other's tightly. Jale had his right hand in a clench that restricted his fingers from even closing, and the boy was marching, not walking along through the heavily populated parking lot menacingly.

His back was tensed to the extreme. He was exuding a dark anger Skylar was familiar with. His heart was beating out of his chest for some reason with each step they took. He shot a look back to the music room that was like a dot in the distance.

He and Vale had talked all the way to the music room about what they would do if the bastards refused to hand over the video. It was the last resort, but they had to resort to it nonetheless.

Sickening. The entire thing had just been sickening. An unsettling anguish was swirling in the pit of his stomach.

Student turned and looked at them as they passed with confused expressions on their faces. Skylar took that as a sign that the video hadn't been sent around yet, nor did Vale's picture actually touch the servers of the school's rapid gossip system.

Jale's pacing was erratic, so Skylar, who always walked in a calm, slow pace, was being pulled along with the fast rhythm.

Jale came to an abrupt halt before they reached their car and turned on him instantly. Skylar had to take a small step back from the change of pace. Jale's face was twisted, full of fury that relocated into his blue eyes as a dark swirling cloud he recognized all too well.

The hand that held Skylar's dragged him back the small distance, and they were close, extremely close to the point it was inappropriate for public display. Jale's eyes scanned his face. His other hand came up to squeeze his left arm as if he was feeling if the Skylar in front of him was real.

Skylar felt his heartbeat slow to a tither, barely a hammer in his chest now as he gazed at his lover, showing concern in his usual way.

"I'm okay," He breathed out with a small smile surfacing on the side of his lips. Jale's eyes returned to his in a single heartbeat. It took a second for the anger to dissipate and his facial muscles to ease, but his body didn't relax. His shoulders coiled even tighter as he brought their bodies closer and whispered.

"But are you? Are you telling me that so I can feel better about the situation? Well, I'm not alright,"

He lifted his hand to Skylar's cheek.

"I never knew tears were a hint that someone was okay. It's time you stop lying to me, Skylar, stop telling me and yourself that you're okay,"

Skylar's small smile slipped off as fast as it came. He clenched the hand in his to a bone-breaking degree, but Jale didn't even flinch. His eyes stayed steady and imploring. The whispers around them elevated.

"I've stopped lying to you the day I told you I loved you. I've
stopped lying to myself since the day I realized I didn't hate you," Skylar said with a swift pain of anxiety surfacing between his brows. The ground felt like it was shaking, but he knew he was standing on solid concrete. The person who was shaking was him.

Skylar's hands clenched around Jale's in a fist.

"Why are you angry? Because you had to choose between your morals or me? If it hurts you so damn much, why don't you go back to Greg and comfort him like you've always done!"

"We both know I'm the bad guy here, No matter what I said, he was practically a scapegoat, a victim of damage control. The fact that I realized this is pining me to a wall! So what lies? I'm not telling anyone lies anymore, not even to myself!" Skylar hissed.