Chapter33: Nowaki's Birthday

New updating Schedule
The 1rst, 11th, and 21st of every month.
Mark you calendars.

This is a special one.
All rights reserved. Enjoy.
-malayjah the writer

Mercury, though she was tired out of her mind, was up in the early hours of the morning. Her body was drained and her mind was foggy, but she couldn't bring herself to sleep. The witch had her back rested against the headboard, as her mind pondered the many tribulations ahead of her.

Nowaki fast asleep, with his head in Mercury's lap.She strummed her hands through his hair, as the morning sun peaked it's way through the window.

A gentle knock sounded at the door, breaking the witch's concentration.

"Mercury?" Malayjah, in a low tone called out to her. "Can we talk for a bit?"

"The door is unlocked." Rather than saying this aloud, Mercury thought it, knowing the Promiser would hear it all the same.

The young Promiser, dressed in rather warm clothing, and what Mercury believed to be Zy'Phon's overcoat, entered the room.

"Morning."

"Morning." Mercury's voice whispered back."Would you mind..." The witch tapped her forehead, indicating that she'd rather use telepathy rather than communicating aloud. She didn't want to wake her sleeping wolf.

"I'm sorry to talk about this now." Malayjah's lips didn't move, but her voice boomed loud in Mercury's mind. "Dy'Meria contacted me ast night after we reached."

"Please tell me something good." Mercury thought back, raising her eyebrow.

"The council has a location on him."

"What about the krakens?"

"All three of them too." Malayjah informed. "They're off in the bermuda triangle now, deep in the seas of Earth."

"What's the problem?" Mercury assumed there had to be one for the Promiser to have that look on her face.

"He's surrounded by the three kraken-"

"And no one can get to him." Mercury sighed, figuring that much.

"Let me guess, the council wants my help?"

"I.." Malayjah bit her tongue."I want you to stay out of it."

"There's no chance in hell I'm staying out of it. Those Kraken came from him alone. Those don't just grow overnight. The bastard is growing adult kraken on his own. If no one can get to him, he won't stop. If he keeps growing them he'll control the waters on Earth and in the other realms.."

"I walked into that damn portal knowing I shouldn't have and started this all. Let me finish it, Malayjah."

Malayjah shook her head. "Dy'Meria will be here tomorrow."

"Well, I always enjoy her visits." The witch rolled her eyes.

"Mercury...." The Promiser sighed. "I can't stop you, but if you ever need me, I'll be there."

"I might take you up on that."

The young Promiser didn't look in the highest of spirits, but she showed Mercury a smile. "I'm about to leave. Can you thank everyone for the hospitality for me and Zy'Phon?"

"Yes." Mercury nodded. "And thanks again for looking out for me."

"No problem."

"Malayjah?" The door creaked open, revealing the impatient Guardian."Ready?" He held out his hand to her.