Special: A Forest Encounter

Hey.
I miss updating soooo much.
Miss you guys.
Hope you enjoy❤️
-malayjahthewriter

13 years Earlier......

The small witch cried out, as she tripped over the log sitting in the middle of the freezing forest. She fell rather harshly onto her pack, and into the snow.

Without question tears started to fall down her eyelids. She couldn't even find it in herself to sit up from the ground, and wipe them away.

She just laid there and cried.

"Stupid Solstice." She muttered, wiping her face. "I'm running away."

As she cried, she failed to notice a wolf walking her way. His fur was sleek, and white, and he was rather small. The wolf watched her for a long second, tentatively sniffing the air, before he moved in closer.

He nudged his nose just over her forehead.

The little witch turned to him with a hard glare. "Leave me alone doggie."

The wolf grumbled at the nickname, but nonetheless licked her tears away from her face.

"No." She grumbled, trying to push him away with her hands, but he wouldn't budge.

The little witch sat up abruptly and pouted. That pout faltered when she saw those gleaming green eyes of his.

"Pretty." She reached out and coaxed his fur with her fingers. "So pretty."

The wolf growled in appreciation.

"My name is Mercury." She scratched underneath his chin. "Wanna run away together?"

The wolf sniffed her shirt, and readily nodded in agreement.

Warm fog left Mercury's nose as she breathed. She hummed a little tune while sinking her fingers into his lean fur.

"Doggie talk to me."

The wolf backed away and in one swift movement, shifted into human form.

He had pale skin, messy dark hair, and the most enticing pair of green eyes.He sat down in front of her with his legs crossed, completely nude.

"You're taller than me." Young Mercury noticed this before anything else.

The wolf readily crouched down. "You can be taller if you want."

Mercury showed a wide smile, before pinching his cheek. "What's your name?"

"Waki."

"You're my Waki okay? I'll take care of you."

"Okay." Nowaki nodded his head.

Mercury slipped off her jacket, and wrapped it around his shoulder. "My mama says if you don't wear a jacket you'll get sick."

Nowaki, though he couldn't even feel the cold against his warm skin, kept the jacket around his shoulders to make her happy.

"How old are you Waki?"

"Six."

Mercury grunted. "I'm only five."

"We..." Nowaki shook his head. "We can be five together."

"Yes." Mercury smiled even further, warming the wolf's soul.

"Why were you crying Mercury?'

She scrunched her nose. "My cousin Solstice. He's always mean to me."