Chapter55:The Apologetic Witch

Hey guys
Alright reserved
-Malayjahthewriter

"Nowaki...." Mercury showed her mate a pleading frown.

This was a "move" she very frequently used on Nowaki. If nothing else, this always made him cave.

The two of them stood at the doorway of their dwelling. An ambassador from the underwater kingdom had come to issue an apology to the couple, and Mercury was trying her best to convince Nowaki to let her leave the room.

As soon as Nowaki had caught the scent of the ambassador, he practically went into another panic attack.

"I think we need to stay here a little longer." He told her, biting the corner of his lip. That "protectiveness" of his refused to ease up.

"Nowaki, I want to resolve this." She placed a warm hand over his cheek."I'm gonna be a keeper. And we've been here almost two days."

"I-I'm coming with you."

"Nowaki." Mercury pressed the palms of her hands against either side of his face. "I don't want you to freak out-"

"I'm not gonna freak out, as long as no one touches you." He seethed.

"Alright."

"Alright." The wolf wrapped his arms around her and pulled her snug into his chest.

"You okay Nowaki?"

"Yea."

"Do you feel better?"

"Yea." He stuck his nose into her neck and breathed in her scent. "Much better. I just don't want anyone to touch you...or look at you. Can't we just stay here a little longer."

"Nowaki." The witch let out a little sigh.

The wolf  let out a sigh of his own in return. "I know."

****

In the mainroom of the packhouse, there was a rather peculiar woman sitting down quite uncomfortably on the sofa. She sat on the edge, with both her hands on either side of her, propelling her upward so that she wouldn't sink too far into the cushion.

She had scales running up and down her skin, and a low pixie cut. Her hair seemed to be completely soaked with water.

The woman, though obviously uncomfortable, was admiring the decor of the room as if she'd never seen anything like it before.

As soon as Mercury entered the room, she rose to her feet, and bowed."My Keeper."

Nowaki tugged Mercury's elbow away from her direction.

"It's okay Nowaki." The witch patted his chest, before walking over to shake the woman's  hand.

All three of them seated themselves at the table, once introductions were out of the way.

"I want to offer our deepest apologies to you both. I've spoken with Kai and we've established his suspension within the ambassadors unit. But I have to stress that our customs are different from yours. The traditional mating bond does not exist within the other worlds, let alone the underwater kingdom, so he might have been a bit confused...."

"That doesn't make it okay for him to kiss her." Nowaki snapped. "Do you teach your ambassadors anything about basic fucking decency she was uncomfortable. And how dare you come to my clan and try to make excuses for that bastard-"

"Young Alpha." The ambassador raised her hand. "I wasn't trying to make excuses for him, I just wanted to give clarity on the situation."

The woman let out a small sigh before turning to Mercury. "He will be disbanded from the ambassador's unit, and he'll give a public apology to both you and your mate."