Chapter45: Healing Hickeys

Hi❤️
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

"Are you alright?" Nowaki asked his mate for perhaps the fifteenth time as the two of them gathered in her room.

She patted herself dry with a towel, as she stared into the wall, her mind obviously perplexed.

"I'm fine."

"Baby?" He watched her curiously from her bed.

She dropped the towel onto the bed and fished for clothes out of her drawer.

Nowaki could tell she was very deep in thought.

On a normal day she would have told him to leave the room while she changed.

After changing, Mercury paced up and down the room. He didn't say a word, as he watched her. He had never seen her so dazed.

He wanted nothing more than to ask her about what had happened, but she made it clear that she would reveal all, when the Promiser was in attendance.

Nowaki's imagination jumped from left and right as he tried to predict what could have occurred during the hour she disappeared.

Suddenly, the witch raised her head to lock eyes with Nowaki.

"Addison." She chirped. "She's supposed to be resting, is she alright?"

"She's in the guest room."

Mercury exited the room with much urgency, as her wolf followed after her.

Her odd behavior resonated with him, as he trailed her to the guestroom. He couldn't understand how she could be both dazed, but flushed with movement at the same time.

The witch swiftly opened the door, to see Addison laying in the bed, with her head resting on a pillow.

"Alright there?' Mercury asked, lifting her hair above her head and securing it with a scrunchie.

"Y-Yea." Addison squeaked, a bit surprised to see Mercury to begin with. "I-"

"I still need to check. Do you mind?"

"N-No."

"Any pain left?" Mercury tilted her head back, and leaned in closer so she could get a view of her eye. Tentatively checking their dilation.

"No."

"My grandma was supposed to give you two white pills, did you-"

"I took them about an hour ago."

"Can you sit up for me?" Mercury asked. The witch's mind was very much set on her health.

It didn't particularly matter to her who Addison was or what she had done at that moment. Mercury couldn't stand the thought of someone being injured or weakened because of her own trouble.

It was her battle to fight with the keeper. It was her battle to lose or to be hurt from. No one else's.

"Yes." Addison sat up on the bed.

Addison thought it was strange enough. After all she did, they were still there for her.

"Um Mercury than-

"Shhhh." Mercury shushed her, and placed a firm hand on her back.. "Breath in and out."

Through her hand Mercury was able to feel the wolf's strong heartbeat.

"You're all good. The scale just gave you a bit of a fever."

The witch moved away from her patient, just as she heard the front door open.