Chapter8: Clarity Pt.2

*AUTHORS NOTE*

Hello! I'm late! But don't worry I'll be back on schedule soon. Finals are nearly over. And I completed Nanowrimo! The first few chapters of #The Promiser will be out on my birthday! New years eve! I can't wait to get it out. It's a bit of a prequel to this story. Anyway on with the chapter!

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

COMMENT! COMMENT! COMMENT! COMMENT! COMMENT! COMMENT! COMMENT!

NO COPYING!

"Why the fuck are you out here Mercury?" His tone held an alarming amount of sovereignty.

"I...uh-"

In that moment there was only one thing young Mercury could think of as a means of escape. Turning on her heels, she sprinted down the sidewalk. Her main objective is to get away from the angry wolf or more accurately, to get away from his questioning. Alex stuck his head out of the window and laughed to the point of tears as his future Alpha let out an ominous growl.

Nowaki rushed after the retreating witch. He reached her rather quickly, not that it was to be unexpected. Running in socks didn't really give her the upper hand in the chase. The wolf locked his hands around her waist and roughly yanked her body against his own.

Mercury let out a loud yelp when she felt her back clash against his hard chest. Nowaki turned her around so that she was facing him.

"Did you just run from me!"

"No-I thought you were someone else?"

"What are you doing out here?" He asked, accusingly.

"W-walk. I went for a walk." She replied with her eyes trained on the ground.

"Dressed like this!" Nowaki pulled on the collar of her shirt, desperate to cover her bra straps.

"How long were you out here?"

Mercury gulped hard and prepared herself to lie.

"A good thirty minutes min-"

"Don't lie to me." He moved in closer until she could feel his breath on her lips. Nowaki gripped the tip of her chin, tilting her head so she'd face him. The consequence of lying was quite clear. Although I (the author) would gladly take that consequence, Mercury wasn't ready.

"A-All night. Now let me go."

"It was freezing last night!" He yelled, clenching his jaw at the very thought of his mate suffering.

"I don't really mind the cold." Said the girl who in fact took shelter in a gas station just to avoid it.

"Why were you out here for so long?" The wolf sighed, finally deciding to let her go. He slid off his leather jacket and heaved it over her shoulders.

"Grandma put up a damn barrier around the house." Mercury informed, slipping off the jacket. "I don't need this."

"I didn't ask." Nowaki snapped, putting the jacket back onto her shoulders. "Get in the car."

"I don't mind walking."

"There is press all over the house; I don't want anyone seeing you dressed like this." Nowaki dragged her along to the passenger seat door.

Mercury rolled her eyes, "Says the dude who trains naked."

"She has a point." Alex added from the backseat as Nowaki forced his mate into the car.

"Shut up." The future Alpha barked, slamming the door.

"Is he always this pushy?" Mercury asked the delta, just as her phone began to ring. Both wolves noticed the immediate increase in her heart rate at the sight of the caller ID.