Chapter7: Clarity Pt.1

HI! I know I'm late I'm gonna upload as much as I can. I'm still writing...nonstop. November. National Novel Writing Month. I'm gonna do the 50,000 word manuscript challenge. I'm gonna work on a book I've been holding on to for a while now. Its a fantasy  or whatever. Stilll talking to my imaginary readers.. YAY!

NO COPYING!

-malayjahthewriter

  Mercury watched the hyper wolf from the corner of her eye as they proceeded down the never ending corridor. Candice and Charles were just ahead of them engaging in a strange conversation with Apollo. Meryl had left the group to retrieve clothes for her grandbabies. Young Emily, who was still quite shaken from the scare, clung tightly to her mother.

Mercury thought about her relatives as her eyes traced over Nowaki's features. The news of her having a "mate" would certainly cause commotion amongst her family members. The only people who knew was her mother, grandmother, and brothers, all of whom she begged not to tell. She could already see Thanksgiving day. A house full of nosy Johnson's, who were bound to be full of pesky questions.

Then there was her father.

All hell would break loose after he found out.

Not to mention the council. They were already skeptical about her, there's no telling how they would react after hearing the news.

"Here." Nowaki rummaged through his pocket until he felt a phone. "Want to tell me why HE felt the need to call you twice?".

Before Mercury could answer the question with her own snarky comment, Candice interrupted. "Mercury, there's a guest bathroom just up the hall, go ahead and shower. Lunch will be served in 20 minutes." Emily whimpered into her mother's chest as she spoke. Charles rubbed her back soothingly.

The three of them vanished from sight after taking a sharp turn into the next corridor. Apollo had already disappeared from the group and was most likely somewhere he wasn't supposed to be.

Nowaki gripped his mates wrist and pulled her into his chest before she could enter the bathroom.
"You didn't answer my question."

"Can I go shower in peace perv?" She asked, ignoring the tingles and sparks that came with the physical contact.

"You're using the shower in MY room."

***
Mercury wrapped the white fluffy towel around her naked body and cracked open the bathroom door. She looked around hoping to see the clothes Meryl retrieved for her, but all she found was Nowaki's MASSIVE....empty bedroom. After waiting  for what seemed like forever she stepped out of the bathroom.

(author winks)

Coincidently, the bedroom door swung as soon as she set foot into the room.

Nowaki stopped dead in his tracks when he saw her. The towel hung well above her thigh, but covered just enough. The print of her breast, without the restriction of a bra, was very defined through the cloth. Nowaki eyed her thick, slim legs as water droplets rushed down her thighs. She looked incredibly sexy. Extremely tantalizing. It took everything in him to contain himself.

For the second time that day, Nowaki blushed.

Only this time the shade of red that covered his cheeks was damn near crimson. After realizing that he had been staring for entirely too long, he apologized with an awkward "Sorry."

Mercury, who had started to feel a bit self conscious, completely disregarded the apology and pointed towards the backpack the wolf had over his shoulder.