Chapter24: Confessions of a Stubborn Witch

Hello imaginary Readers.
Enjoy.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

Nowaki dipped his head down to whisper into Mercury's ear. "I smell her in here."

The witch looked past his shoulder to see a woman with ruby red lips. Her aura and beauty told Mercury everything she needed to know. Before she could unhook herself from Nowaki to start some trouble, the knowing wolf tightened his grip around her. The two of them stiffly moved about on the dance floor as conflicting ideas of what to do next ensued.

"Without proper evidence we have no motive to attack."

"But-"

"Council orders us not to move until they do."

"I didn't come here to sit still."

"My wolves, and the Council's goons are waiting outside."

"Why is no one-"

"Patience babygirl." He shushed her, glad he could distract her for this long. He didn't want her going off and possibly getting hurt. Female nymphs were very persuasive, very cynical creatures. All they had to do was wait for the perfect moment to apprehend her. A moment that wouldn't cause alarm to the humans.

"Fine." The witch clenched her jaw.

"Nowaki why aren't we moving in on her?" Alex broke from his dancing, with Melvin still in his arms. The clairvoyant wolf already had his eye on the strange woman trying to get insight on her future actions.

"We have to wait for the Councils okay."

"This is bullshit." Mercury hands, which were clutching the back of Nowaki's jacket, balled into fists.

"She's gonna come over." Melvin said, breaking his gaze from the woman to look at his cousin. "She's gonna ask Mercury for a dance."

"What?" Nowaki wrinkled his nose.

Just as Melvin predicted the red lipped nymph rose from her seat. Her taunting eyes scanned the dance floor. She smiled at all the eyes on her, especially the eyes on the witch.Her walk was as elegant as her dress. Once she reached the two stiff dancers, she halted and held out her hand.

"Lightning witch." Her voice was as sour as lemons. "May I have this dance?"

Surprising no one except Nowaki, Mercury answered the woman with a flatout. "Sure."

The wolf didn't feel like playing her games, and he wasn't gonna allow Mercury to get involved either."No."

"I'll be fine."

"I said n-"

"Nowaki."The witch smiled at him, showing that little spark in her eye. "Have a little faith in me."

"I do."

Mercury lifted her arm which was still encased with his. "Then let me go."

And he did.

Alex patted his shoulder reassuringly, and pulled the future Alpha away from the dance floor.

Amelia neared the three of them as she fixed the ends of her dress. She placed her hands on her hips, and scolded,"Wolfie, you should be more worried about that nymph." She rolled her eyes at the panic creeping over Nowaki's face.

"Don't you know who your mate is? "

"Ready?" The red lipped nymph asked, with a smirk.

"Of course."

The two joined hands, and spined around the dance floor as if they were playing ring around the rosey. They moved freely and quickly around the dance floor gliding with each step.