Chapter53: Angry Wolf

Enjoy!
All rights reserved !

The violent drop in temperature caused Mercury's entire body to shiver as she went through the portal door. She wrapped her arms around her lower torser and headed towards the grand building in front of her.

Nowaki wasn't with her, but she could practically hear him in her subconscious, scolding her for not wearing layers under her coat.

As she crossed over the bridge and ventured to the entrance of the grand building, voices from left and right echoed through her brain.

"Left is clear is Luna."

"Right is clear Luna."

Mercury was becoming acquainted with other wolves through the mindlink. The guards Nowaki had sent to travel with her made it their mission to give her detailed reports of their scouting of the area.

"The west and east fields are clear Young Luna. We'll proceed ahead."

Mercury thought it was the strangest thing, but she went with the flow. Nowaki had told her it was something she would eventually have to get used to, so she tried her best to do so.

Before they moved any further down the path, Mercury turned on her heel to eye the three wolves that were following closely behind her. Two males and a female standing center.

The two males wore matching black suits. The female wore the same, but she had elegant heels cuffing her ankles. Mercury thought she looked mature and quite gorgeous.

"Is there a problem Luna?" The woman asked, with a rather serious expression on her face.

There wasn't a problem, but Mercury knew if there was one, all three wolves would pounce in order to protect her.

Their expressions said it all.

"Y-You guys don't need to follow me all the way in do you?"

"We'll have to stay close to you at all times, Young Luna. These are Alpha's orders." The woman answered. "Don't worry, we won't interfere with your work."

Neither her or the other two wolves had broken from their stiff expressions.

"Okay." Mercury scratched the back of her neck, but waltzed forward.

In usion the three wolves behind her followed behind.

Mercury, though a bit uncomfortable, continued to move forward until she reached the entrance of the infamous council meeting place.

Without warning the wooden double doors swung open, inviting them all inside. It was as if the building was waiting for the young witch to arrive.

"Lightning Witch?" She stopped her waltz when a familiar voice called out to her.

Zy'Phon stood in the middle of the room.The demon wore his signature black turtleneck, and had his luxurious hair at the top of his head in a tight bun. His arms were crossed and he looked rather impatient.

The demon always appeared to be annoyed or impatient whenever he was out of his Promiser's vicinity.

"Guardian Zy'Phon." Mercury bowed her head slightly, as he neared her. "Where's Malayjah?"

"We're leaving soon. We won't be able to make the meeting with the ambassador."

"What?" The witch practically barked. "Why?"

"Malayjah is needed in the underworld. There was an altercation."

"Zy'Phon, I don't want to talk with them alone."