Chapter31: Xavier's Confliction

Hey.❤️
All rights reserved.
Enjoy.
-malayjahthewriter

"Shit that hurt." Xavier sat up on the table and rubbed the side of his aching neck. His short hair was completely white. He was in pajamas and had a blanket wrapped around his body.

The first thing he saw upon opening his eyes, was the Gran Luna, who was floating above the Guardian's hands. As his mind spiraled he turned to see the future Alpha of the Adams clan with a glare that could destroy planets, written across his face.

"Um-"

Anger exuded from Nowaki's body, but he didn't have time for that. Not when Mercury was still missing."Zy'Phon what's going on?"

"Your mate and this wolf here were found at the Earth's Arctic waters." He nodded towards Gran Luna. "That witch put a protective spell over her."

"Where's Mercury?"

"She's still there." The demon answered as if it was obvious.

"Why didn't you bring her back?" Xavier asked before the Alpha could. The snowy haired fellow had a prominent frown on his face.

"That witch was in the middle of a defensive spell. Malayjah stopped it before she could finish, but-That witch managed to get herself enclosed in her own lightning. Nothing else can be done until she calms herself."

Xavier choked when he heard the name. "T-The Promiser?" For Mercury to be involved with the Promiser she had to be in some serious trouble.

"Malayjah has a message for you, Alpha." Zy'Phon directed his attention to Nowaki. "She says not to worry, she'll bring your mate back within two days."

"Two days?" Nowaki's heart damn near stopped. "Why would it take that long?"

"She managed to get through some of her lightning, but she won't be able to get any closer until Mercury calms down. It's gonna take a while. One she's calm, Malayjah will subdue her and bring her back."

"I'm going to-"
"No, you're not." Zy'Phon said to him. "Each and every member of the council tried to get through, it didn't work. Malayjah was the only one to manage and she still couldn't get close enough to her. "

"I can't just sit here."Nowaki clenched his fists."Isn't there anyway to speed up the process?"

"Mercury will calm down, when Mercury wants to calm down." Solstice sighed, though he too was on edge. "We'll have to wait it out."

"I'm not waiting that long." Nowaki slammed one of his hands on the table, startling Xavier, who was still sitting on it.

"Well your Promiser asked you to, so you will." Zy'Phon said simply, before turning to Meryl. "Ma'am, may I use your restroom?"

"Of course."

Leaving Lainy floating in the air, Zy'Phon left the room.

"What did she see to make her that angry?" Xavier asked the very question most at the table were thinking. The keeper was a threat, but not a threat that required Mercury to use such defensive measures as she had.

Meryl pinched the bridge of her nose as her own stress kicked in.

Xavier, looking incredibly drowsy, and now a bit spooked, clapped his hands together and curtly bowed to both Solstice and Meryl. He knew how angry the man got when juniors didn't greet their seniors properly.

"Nice to know, you've still got your manners." Solstice roughly slapped the back of his head."Now where the hell are you coming from? You think it's appropriate to just-"