Chapter11: Menace to the Kraken

Hi my imaginary Readers! How I've missed you!!!! Now I have news don't freak. Mason is Now NOWAKI!!!!! I love the name, don't you? I've been planning this for a good while, and I've already made the adjustment throughout the rest of the book. Took me a while.

Anyway Mercury and Nowaki are back at it again, hope you enjoy!

He grazed his lips over her jaw and slowly inched closer and closer until...

"Nowaki...you're not being fair." She tried her best to remain calm as he gripped both her wrists, and propped them above her head. He used his forearm to trap her troublesome hands against the wall.

"I'll stop when you tell me what's bothering you."

"He has green eyes, and has me pressed against the wall."

"You smell really good." He whispered. "I won't hold off much longer."

Mercury jerked her head back before he could deepen the contact between his lips and her jaw.

Nowaki snarled, biting the inside of his cheek to keep himself from attacking his lovely mate.

"Last chance."

He nuzzled her cheek, his lips were just inches away from touching hers. Satisfaction coursed through him when he felt her body stiffen beneath him.

"I can't sleep, okay!" She finally admitted, her pride crumbling in the process.

Nowaki dropped both her wrists, but remained close. "Why can't you sleep?"

The witch covered her eyes with her palm and let out a sigh of relief. "Because I can't."

"You sound like you want that kiss." He threatened.

"I-I get nightmares." Nowaki frowned when he felt her nerves tremor down his veins.

"You-"

"I'm going to bed." She let the embarrassment take over for a hot second before realizing that she could leave without an explanation.

"No, you're coming with me." And with that, he heaved Mercury into the guest bedroom.

                                           ***

"I'll just wait here until Pollie gets back."

"You're sleeping with me tonight." Nowaki clarified since she seemed to be having problems comprehending.

"I...I'm not comfortable with that."

"Maybe not mentally...but physically you'll be forced to accept."

"That entire sentence sounds toxic." The witch strutted over and took a seat at the edge of the bed, ready to wait for the return of her brother.

"I knew there was something off..you kept twisting and turning in the bed. I could hear you from here." Nowaki explained, as he accompanied her at the end of the bed.

"Does this happen often?"

"No."

"Is it that ba-"

"Pollie uses his telepathy to force it out of my brain, so yes. It's pretty bad."

"I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry about." She sighed, tucking those loose pesky hairs behind her ear.

This reminded him of his first time seeing her. That expression she had taken when that thick hair of hers kept interfering with her line of vision. Those big brown eyes squinting in irritation.