Chapter36:The Winter Ball

Hi💫
This was fun to write, hope you enjoy❤️
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

Nowaki straightened out the vest of his suit. He swiped a final finger through his hair, making sure every follicle was in its place.Though it only took him twenty minutes to get dressed, he appeared as if it took him hours. His expression was hard as he glanced at himself in the mirror. It was a demeanor he often had when he was to address his wolves at such an event.

That expression would of course come crumbling down as soon as he saw Mercury.

He patted his pocket, ensuring that he had the on Christmas present that mattered, before walking out of his room.

He could hear chatter from the ball, all the way up from his dwelling. The party was already in full swing. The wolves had already arrived and he was due to make an appearance.

"Waki?" A small voice called out to him, making him lower his head.

Emily was standing there smiling. She was dressed in the cutest blue dress, which was fixed with silver sparkles. She wore a silver pair of slippers to match.

Emily held out the ends of her dress and twirled around as if she was a ballerina, showing her brother the full view of her attire.

"Beautiful?" She asked expectantly, stumbling over the word as she said it.

"Gorgeous." He grinned at her, reaching down to lift her up. "So gorgeous."

"Merry told me she was gonna wear blue, so I wear blue too so we can match."

"You talked to Mercury?" He questioned as he walked them down the hall.

"Mhm." The toothless pup smiled.

"You haven't even complimented me on my outfit yet. Isn't your brother handsome?"

"Not handsome." She giggled, earning a harsh tickle to her side.

Emily's heavy laughter rang through the hall. She squirmed in her brother's hold, trying her best not to crack, but eventually.....

"You're the most handsome." She praised her brother, not being able to take the tickles any longer.

"I thought so."

Emily leaned her head over his shoulder."I can't wait to see Merry. I miss her, why doesn't she come over anymore?"

"She has an attention hogging brother with a camera." He explained to his little sister."But don't worry, I'll make sure she spends the night here with us-well with me, you're not allowed."

"Merry says we'll have a sleepover with my dolls."

"We'll see about that." He grunted, heading down the grand staircase.

The grand ballroom was packed. Werewolves swarmed the room, dressed to their best.There was a sense of excitement and curiosity in the air. This was of course due to the wizards and witches who would be joining them for the night.

At the center of the room there was a large circular glass orb hanging from the ceiling. It would be used for the annual winter ball speeches. The heads of the pack, the Alpha and Luna, were due for a speech as well as Nowaki. Mercury would also have to go up and speak, but she wasn't aware of that yet.

The soft sound of a piano graced his ears, as he walked about the room in search of his mate.

"I don't smell her." Nowaki sighed to himself, ignoring all those who were trying to grab hold of his attention. There were numerous wolves waiting to greet him, but he wasn't prepared to speak with anyone before Mercury.