Chapter42: Little Cuts

Hi.
I'm late once again.
Forgive me❤️
All rights reserved.
Love you.
-Malayjahthewriter

"Seriously?" Mercury sighed at the sight of her wolf.

The witch had been working through a number of patients all day within the medical ward at the packhouse. Mercury had been given a room within the ward to tend to her patients.

Her hair was sitting at the top of her head in a messy bun, and she wore a fitted pair of nurses scrubs.

Mercury had just finished up a twisted ankle, and now there was Nowaki.

The wolf stepped within the room with a sheepish smile."I have a cut."

He showed her the little nip on his finger.

"Nowaki get out."

"What? Why?"

"I have a real patient coming."

Nowaki frowned at her."Do my injuries mean nothing to you?"

"It's a little cut."

"My bone could be dislocated." He grumbled, climbing onto the end of the bed, ready to be examined.

"Get out."

"So you don't love me?"

"You say that everytime something doesn't go your way."

"Why can't you examine me?" He whined like a child."There's no one here right now."

"Fine."

Mercury walked over to him, and he immediately wrapped his legs around her and pulled her close.

"Nowaki." She glared.

"Hm?" He tightened himself around her, making sure she couldn't get away.

"What happened to your finger?"

"I fell."

"Oh really." Mercury rolled his eyes as she grabbed a hold of his hand.

"So what are you doing for your lunch break?" He asked casually, as he watched her work.

"Why is everyone so concerned with what I'm doing for lunch?"

"Who the fuck else asked what you're doing for lunch?" Nowaki growled, pulling her even closer.

"Emily." Mercury snickered, as she traced her finger over his cut.

"Kiss it first."

The witch grunted.

"Don't you want me to get better?"

Mercury shook her head, but nonetheless, kissed his finger. Her lightning strummed through the cut before it completely closed itself.

"There." She sighed. "You're healed."

"Great." Nowaki pulled her even closer. "Your lunch starts at one o'clock, what are we doing?"

"How do you know that?"

"I asked the reception for your schedule."

The witch grasped either side of his face and glared at him."How about we not stalk Mercury while she's trying to work?"

"It's not stalking if we're mates."

"You're such a weirdo." She pinched his ear. "It's time for you to go."

"But we haven't decided what we're doing for lunch."

"I'm working through lunch with Grandma." Mercury told him, trying to move out of his grasp.