Chapter10: The Likeness of Lightning

Hello Imaginary Readers.

Btw if I can get at least five new followers on my account, next chapter will be out sooner than later. Enjoy.

-malayjahthewriter

Melvin locked the doors to the black challenger just as Nowaki and Alex pulled into Meryl's driveway. The half bred gripped the sides of his face as a throbbing sensation took over his head.

Alex was at his side before he could even blink. "What's wrong?"

"Uncle Mike is coming early...Friday." Melvin brought his hand to Alex's shoulder for support as his migraine slowly came to an end.

"Her dad?" Nowaki asked as he neared the challenger, which to his pleasure was filled with Mercury's scent. "How do you..."

"I have precognition." Melvin responded as Alex engulfed him with his arms.His heart fluttered when his mate placed the sweetest kiss on his cheek.

"Precognition?" Alex pondered, pulling his head back to look into Melvin's eyes.

"Future vision."

"You can see into the future!" The delta wolf had a spark in his eyes as he spoke.

"Only tiny glimpses.."

"What about Mercury?" Nowaki peeked through the tinted windows of the challenger as he spoke. "What does she...."

"She has weather control...the eye of the storm. Not very common."

Nowaki walked around the car and towards the house with a blank expression. His mind was burning with curiosity and questions, but he refused to show it. "And why the hell are you driving around in my mates car?"

"Well I'm not going to drive my car. You people in Illinois are too reckless." Melvin told him as Alex intertwined their fingers.

"Red!" Apollo came rushing out the front door with sharp silver throwing stars in his hands. "Put these in your pockets, she's not in a good mood."

"What the hell are those?" Alex stared at the weapons.

"Mercury's favorite fucking toy." Melvin shoved them into his pockets.

"Nowaki don't start with her today, not today." Apollo warned.

"What's wrong with her?"

"The council is sending a representative to come down here to talk with her. She's not taking it well.."

"Pollie, Uncle mike is coming early."

"DON'T TELL HER."

"Pollie give them back!"

Mercury stood at the doorstep warmly dressed in a large brown coat. The fur hood hung low behind her neck.

"No, you're not going to destroy grandma's house."

"I was gonna go to the forest."

"No."

The lightning rage returned to the witch's eyes after hearing her brother's refusal. "Pollie, give me back my stars."

"Babygirl?" Nowaki questioned, causing her gaze to snap to him.

Mercury eyed the side of his face. The bruise was long gone, yet the guilt lingered heavy.

The witch watched as the wolf swiftly made his way over to her. Nowaki could sense that frustration and anger of hers, and he wanted nothing more than to take it away.

As her pupils returned to their normal brown color, Mercury reached out to caress the side of his face with her palm.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hit you."