4. Pessamistic horse men and jail bird goddesses

Chiron invited us inside, sending Drew back to her cabin which I was slightly disappointed with

"Follow me," the centaur looked miserable. "We have lemonade."

Grapevines covered the walls and ceiling of the weird little living room. That shouldn't have been possible because one. We were inside and two. it was winter but they green and leafy and held huge ripe red grapes.

On the wall above the fireplace hung a scarily realistic leopards head. It's eyes seemed to be following us as we walked past and it snarled at Jason who jumped about ten feet in the air.

I snorted loudly that soon turned into a fit of giggles.

"Shut up." Jason muttered embarrassed.

"Now, Seymour," Chiron chided in a tone that I felt like I'd heard a thousand times before. "Jason is a friend. Behave yourself." 

I stopped laughing when the leopard started talking. He doesn't smell right and the girl looks like that blonde guy I hate what's his name now...

Chiron tried for an apologetic smile that kinda looked like a grimace. He threw Seymour a sausage, he snapped it up licking his lips looking expectantly at Chiron. "You must excuse the decor," Chiron said. "It was a parting gift from our old director before he was called back to Olympus. He thought it would help us remember him. Mr. D has a strange sense of humour."

"Do all your animals talk?" I asked feeling thoroughly freaked out.

Chiron gave me a questioning look.

"First the Pegasi and now the leopard." Am I crazy? Is that what's wrong with me? Is any of this real?

"Oh my! My dear, do you know any other languages?" Chiron asked clearly distressed. Jason looked a little surprised as well but that quickly faded.

"I don't know. I don't remember anything. Wait, Dionysus? He was your camp director." I asked looking around. This place felt familiar like I'd been here before. "Yes, miss Cas- Lila." Chiron said. I snapped my head towards him.

"What were you going to say?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing... you just remind me of someone. Never mind." Chiron said hastily. The old horse was hiding something.

"Jason, Lila would you mind telling-um- me where you're from?" He asked politely.

"If I knew that it'd be there and not here." I snapped. I'm not trusting or patient. Goody.

"I'm sorry sir, but we don't know." Jason always polite. Jason told Chiron the story of us waking up on the bus to getting to camp with little to no help from me who was sulking.

After Jason had finished, Chiron took a sip of his lemonade. "You only remember each other?" He asked.

"Just names. I don't know Jason but it feels like I should, like he's important to me." I finally spoke. I didn't look at Chiron instead she studied Seymour as I tapped my foot.