18. My name is Lila and I am a dumbass

I was having a dream memory for what felt like ages

I was looking at myself and Jason in a school at about fourteen, they stood by their lockers talking. "You head butted Missy Armstrong? Gods, I told you to kiss her not knock her out." Young me said shaking her head at Jason.

"I didn't mean to we just sort of bumped heads." He explained embarrassed.

I laughed at the young boy next to me. "She's got a bruise."

Jason glared before signing, he opened his mouth to say something but a group of girls walking past stopped him. "Hey, Lila." They all chorused giving her flirty smiles and waves as they moved away.

"How do you do it? You were just standing there and five girls came up to you. Five." Jason said in a whinny voice that caused several people to look at them.

"I'm just better looking then you. Now, come on we've got history."  Lila dragged him towards a class room but before she could enter she was woke up.

The pain in my side had dulled. "Hey." Jason said softly helping me into a sitting position. We were in a plane and for some reason Coach and Piper's dad were gone.

"Where are we going? Where's Coach? Did we get Piper's dad? Did we win?" I rested my head on Jason's shoulder. "You got me, huh?" I grinned looking up at Jason.

"Yeah, I got you. You got me?" I laughed. "I've always got you sparkles."

For one of the first times since I woke up on that bus I felt normal.

"We're going to the wolf house. Coach took Piper's dad home." Jason gave my hand a squeeze.

It was only then I realised we were in the middle of a storm.

"An ice storm?" I shouted over the engine and the wind. "Why do I feel like this is my fault?" I had a pretty good feeling who was causing it.

Piper was trying to get me to stay in my seat, Jason was trying to tell Leo where to land and Leo was trying to control the plane.

"There!" Jason shouted. I looked out the window and saw a painfully familiar valley.

The murky shape of a building in the middle. Leo aimed the helicopter straight for it. All around them were flashes of light that put me on edge. Trees cracked and exploded at the edges of the clearing. Shapes moved through the mist. Combat seemed to be everywhere.

I stuffed as much ambrosia in my mouth as I could without combusting. I needed to be at my best. The wolf house was sacred.

Leo set down the helicopter in an icy field about fifty yards from the house and killed the engine.