5. I have a serious oracles problems

I knew I was screwed as soon as the goddess left

"Oh, dear," Chiron murmured. "That does explain a lot."

"Then why don't you explain a lot to me?" I demanded causing Jason to give me a look. "Please." I added

Before Chiron could say anything, footsteps reverberated on the porch outside. The front door blew open, and Annabeth and another girl, a redhead, burst in, dragging Piper between them. Piper's head lolled like she was unconscious.

"What happened?" Jason rushed over. "What's wrong with her?"

"Hera's cabin," Annabeth gasped, like they'd run all the way. "Vision. Bad."

"What did you you do to her?" I demanded and Annabeth glared.

"I didn't do anything." She snapped before I could make a rude remark a redhead sniffed looking at me.

"I think ..." The redheaded girl gulped. "I think I may have killed her."

Jason and the redhead who introduced herself as Rachel, put Piper on the couch while I just stood glaring after Annabeth. Who had rushed down the hall to get a med kit. Piper was still breathing, but she wouldn't wake up. She seemed to be in some kind of coma.

"We've got to heal her," Jason insisted. "There's a way, right?"

My instincts took over. "She'll be fine. Move out the way." I checked her for any other signs of damage.

Chiron put his hand on her forehead and grimaced. "Her mind is in a fragile state. Rachel, what happened?"

"I wish I knew," she said. "As soon as I got to camp, I had a premonition about Hera's cabin. I went inside. Annabeth and Piper came in while I was there. We talked, and then—I just blanked out. Annabeth said I spoke in a different voice."

"A prophecy?" Chiron asked.

"No. The spirit of Delphi comes from within. I know how that feels. This was like long distance, a power trying to speak through me."

Annabeth ran in with a leather pouch. She knelt next to Piper. "Chiron, what happened back there—I've never seen anything like it. I've heard Rachel's prophecy voice. This was different. She sounded like an older woman. She grabbed Piper's shoulders and told her—"

"To free her from a prison?" Jason guessed.

Annabeth stared at him. "How did you know that?"

Chiron made a three-fingered gesture over his heart, like a ward against evil.

"Jason, tell them. Annabeth, give Lila the medicine bag, please." Annabeth threw me the bag which I caught easily.

I trickled drops of medicine vial into Piper's mouth while Jason explained what had happened when the room froze—the dark misty woman who had claimed to be their patron.