7. Pissing off ice princesses is my speciality

I was using my map to help give Leo directions to the north wind

"Do you want to talk about last night? Why were you so scared of Rachel?" Jason asked quietly so Piper and Leo wouldn't hear.

"I don't want to talk about it!" I mumbled.

"Ok, can we talk about the fact you know Annabeth?" Jason was clearly getting frustrated by the lack of answers I'd been giving him.

"No! We can't. Leo turn left after 5.8 miles!" I was avoiding the topic of the oracle because I was embarrassed. I was avoiding Annabeth because I would have to admit that I probably did know Annabeth and just couldn't remember her.

"Lila, I'm your friend-"

Friend. The world made my entire body stiffen and new type of anxiety churned in my stomach.

I cut him off. "Jason we're not friends! I don't know you, we just have a common enemy, a common goal. Can we focus on that rather than my many issues?"

Jason went quite and without even looking at him I knew he was hurt.

"Why can't you just trust me because like it or not we're in this together." I turned glaring at the boy.

"I can't trust you because one day you'll leave me. One day you'll disappoint me. People always disappoint me, all the time." It all went quite even the wind sounded as if it was uncomfortable.

"So what's the plan, bro? You said something about catching wind, or breaking wind, or something?" Leo called after a minute of tense silence.

As we flew over New England, Jason laid out the game plan: First, find the north wind Boreas and grill him for information—

"His name is Boreas?" Leo had to ask. "What is he, the God of Boring?"

Second, Jason continued, we had to find the venti that had attacked them at the Grand Canyon—

"Can we just call them storm spirits?" Leo asked. "Venti makes them sound like evil espresso drinks."

And third, Jason finished, we had to find out who the storm spirits worked for, so they could find Hera and free her.

"So you want to look for Dylan, the nasty storm dude, on purpose," Leo said. "The guy who threw me off the skywalk and sucked Coach Hedge into the clouds."

I snapped. "Yes! Leo, stop asking stupid questions! Jason, stop grumbling under your breath! Piper, you're perfect don't change!"

Piper started giggling, Leo looked mildly offended and I wouldn't even look at Jason. I felt a little bad about saying that we weren't friends but it was true I didn't know him.

"That's about it," Jason said ignoring my outburst completely. "Well... there may be a wolf involved, too. But I think she's friendly. She probably won't eat us, unless we show weakness."