24. A Castellan Christmas

I loved Christmas

I loved Christmas. There was just something about it that called to me. I always put far too many decorations on and around the fifth cohort, I neglected my responsibilities all throughout December and I always ensured that each member of my cohort got a holiday gift.

I loved Christmas but something about this year just made me depressed. Maybe it was because I was away from home or it was the fact that Percy Jackson was still missing in enemy territory or maybe was Jason's hatred for my potential new boyfriend but whatever it was I needed to fix it immediately.

I held the ladder as Lit complained about the cold. "Do I have to remind that you literally jumped at the opportunity to help me decorate?"

Lit narrowed his eyes at me as he adjusted the lights lining the roof of the Hermes cabin. "I did not jump. You know in my day we did not dress our homes in twinkling lights for the solstice."

I rolled my eyes. "That's because you didn't have electricity. Now hurry up, we've still got to go shopping."

"We?" Lit asked obviously regretting his decision to help me.

The decorating took far longer than it should've with Lit and I bickering about how much tinsel was too much tinsel. The argument was ended by Drew telling us that we were both wrong and that any tinsel was too much.

"We've still got to get gifts, bake cookies and visit my mom before Christmas." I whined as Lit sat on me bunk watching her pace back and forth.

Travis snorted from the doorway at my rant. "Jeez, what is with Castellans and holidays? Compulsive much." He quickly raised his hands in mock surrender at the nasty looking I sent him.

"You know Luke once tried to give Julia the perfect Hanukkah? Did months of research... it went wrong almost immediately. Tip, Tommy and fire don't go together."

"That's nice... I don't know what Hanukkah is." Lit looked between us make Trav and I both shook our heads.

"My point was that the Hermes Cabin doesn't do perfect anything, stop stressing." Travis said flopping onto my bed resting his head in Lit's lap.

I laughed as Lit pushed Travis off of the bed. "I'm making sure this is the best Christmas ever."

"You're funeral! Literally, the last guy who tried that died." Travis called as I dragged Lit out of cabin.

"Ha-Ha!" I called sarcastically.

"Where are we going?" Lit asked suspiciously as I led him in the direction of The Big House.

"To commit a felony."

The Big House had been lavishly decorated for the past few weeks. Chiron was off 'talking' with Ms Jackson or more likely trying to reassure her that Percy wasn't going to die before his seventeenth birthday which meant that the camp's mini van was left unattended and ready for a trip into the city.